Happiness is an overflowing rain gauge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up to a full rain gauge and a creek in my backyard. We have been lucky with the pop up showers the last couple of days. I hope everyone who needs it is getting wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't know anything about that.
    I'm kinda offended you would boast your good fortune in the face of us less fortunate

Comment

You just may get more than you want., but no complaints here.

Comment

Glad y’all got a good rain! I can’t stand dry weather, it’s depressing.

This is the ONE time of year I’m glad that we didn’t get all the rain predicted for our area. Lots of people right in the middle of cutting and 5 inches could/would ruin a lot of crop.

Comment

Congrats....waiting patiently (not) for our turn.

Comment

Normally, I would say you are correct, but we have had enough for this go around. I dumped 5” out of the gauge Thursday, and there is another 2” in it now, and it is still raining!!!! The ground is totally saturated and there is nowhere for this water to go except runoff!

We are now at over 11” in the last month!

We needed rain bad, but have had enough already!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Can maybe say enough if east of 35 but far from enough just about anywhere west of 35. Had about 5 at house in San Antonio and 4 1/2 last 2 weeks at kids house in San Angelo. Likely ruin my dove hunt this weekend in San Angelo but keep it coming. More runoff the better. All the lakes in West Texas need it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                Can maybe say enough if east of 35 but far from enough just about anywhere west of 35. Had about 5 at house in San Antonio and 4 1/2 last 2 weeks at kids house in San Angelo. Likely ruin my dove hunt this weekend in San Angelo but keep it coming. More runoff the better. All the lakes in West Texas need it bad.
                I can’t tell that there’s been much running water at all. I’ve checked the Ivie level the last couple of days and haven’t seen much change at all. I don’t think that thing is ever gonna fill back up.

Comment

We will likely get several more inches in the next 24 hours. At this point it is all just running into a culvert in front of my house which ends up in the Clear Fork of the Trinity. Once again I hope you guys in still-dry areas get your turn in the crosshairs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      We will likely get several more inches in the next 24 hours. At this point it is all just running into a culvert in front of my house which ends up in the Clear Fork of the Trinity. Once again I hope you guys in still-dry areas get your turn in the crosshairs!
                      I'm in good shape here at home, but I need more on my plots in Trinity Co. Send some my way !

Comment

My pool has been over the top for the last several days . I pumped it off once all ready . yes we needed the rain but where I live clay just under the soil and now its a mess no where for it to go.

Pics from the lease in Cisco show it to be pouring out there another 1 inch since yesterday

Comment

Got 3” in Bowie. We needed it!!!

Jerp- a while back, I think ou posted a stat that 1 inch of rain on an acre equals —- Gallons of water. Do you remember the figure? I can’t locate it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
                            Got 3” in Bowie. We needed it!!!

Jerp- a while back, I think ou posted a stat that 1 inch of rain on an acre equals —- Gallons of water. Do you remember the figure? I can’t locate it. Thanks!
                            I don’t remember the exact number but it is around 28,000 gallons

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              I don’t remember the exact number but it is around 28,000 gallons
                              Actually it closer to 27,154 gallons but who's counting. We haven't got a measurable amount yet. But every day that goes by means we are one day closer.

Comment

Working...
                              X