Kid Binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid Binoculars

Any recommendations for a decent pair of kid binoculars that aren't too expensive? My kids are under the age of 8 so I want something they can easily handle. Any suggestions?

Tasco fits the bill.

Comment

Not too expensive is really subjective.

Walmart has some Bushnell's for less than $20 that are small, but okay.

Vortex Vanquish are priced around $100 and I like their glass and warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
        Not too expensive is really subjective.

Walmart has some Bushnell's for less than $20 that are small, but okay.

Vortex Vanquish are priced around $100 and I like their glass and warranty.
        I was hoping to keep it around $30.

Comment

Thanks. Would those have a big enough field of view for a young kid to be able to use?

Comment

Tasco or bushnell you can pick up at Walmart will probably be the best bet

Comment

Vortex 10x32. will last a long time AND LIFETIME WARRANTY

Comment

I love my leupold Yosemite’s. 6 or 8 power.
                Great to keep in your pack.

Twice the price you mentioned. Sorry.
                But I found mine for $69 on sale.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                  Thanks. Would those have a big enough field of view for a young kid to be able to use?
                  I think within your price point, they will be fine. Some of the resident optics experts may have a different opinion.

I know nothing about this brand, but here are some 10x42's for $30. The larger objective allows for more light to pass through, which results in more clarity and brightness, but it also adds weight/bulk/etc.

Last edited by salth2o; 09-07-2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I'm somewhat torn as I know you get what you pay for, but at the same time, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a set of binoculars for a 5 year old.

Comment

I'm somewhat torn as I know you get what you pay for, but at the same time, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a set of binoculars for a 5 year old.

For a five year old, I wouldn’t over think it. The bushnells at Walmart are compact and will serve your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                        For a five year old, I wouldn’t over think it. The bushnells at Walmart are compact and will serve your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This is what I bought for.my 3 &.5yo grandsons. They live in the country and I told them the binoculars were fpr looking for hogs.and zombies.

Comment

Most kids at 5 those binos would be perfect as they just want something small and light to put around there neck and look thru while tromping around the woods more less playing. However if your son is more serious at that age and sits still and get serious about looking at horns and maybe even beginning to learn how to age deer then I would recommend getting something better. Last year at age 7 my son started using a pair of Vortex Diamondbacks.

Comment

Get them a pair big enough to actually see something.

Comment

Working...
                            X