No announcement yet.

Jason Hairston Kuiu founder dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shame. I love the product they put out. Always appreciated the hand written Christmas cards. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
      We just never know what’s going on inside some people. He seemed to have it all. RIP
      Agree but I'd extend it to we just never know what's going on inside all people, we've all got our issues, no matter what it looks like from the outside.

Prayers for his family.

Comment

Terrible. I read he was also a founder in Sitka, and that he had made Kuiu a $50mm company in five years.

Comment

Prayers for his family. CTE is a scary thing and I think we are only seeing the beginning

Comment

Prayers for his family.

Comment

Sad news...prayers for his family.

Comment

So did he take his own life or die on a sheep hunt?

Bad for his family either way, hope they can find peace

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

This^^^

Man seemed to be living the life so very puzzling

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    This^^^

Man seemed to be living the life so very puzzling
                    Kuiu put on social media that he was on a remote hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                      Kuiu put on social media that he was on a remote hunt
                      Sorry, I went back and checked. Was from a different page. Kuiu didn’t release any details

Comment

What sad news. Regardless of how he died, he had a very young family and I'm sure they're all devastated.

I had an impromptu breakfast with Jason at a hotel in Anchorage. Jen and I and the girls were having breakfast and this guy and his very young kids sat next to us (his kiddoes still had on their pajamas). He had on a Kuiu vest that I hadn't seen so I asked about it. He introduced himself and we sat there and talked bowhunting and other things over bad eggs and undercooked bacon...he might have just had fruit as dude was super fit...I had bacon and eggs. He was super-interesting and super-interested in what we had going on. He was kind to my kids and my wife and really enjoyable to talk to...about hunting, about his company, about my work, etc. When he left, he had a plate of food to take to his wife upstairs. We exchanged business cards and when I got home we traded some emails about future hunts that ended with him introducing me to his guy that schedules his hunts. He seemed like a great guy and my heart breaks for his young kids. What a tragic loss.

Comment

Jason was also one of the original founders of Sitka. He sold out his shares and started Kuiu. So dude had some success starting strong outdoor clothing companies.

Comment

Sad news for sure. I've read it was either suicide or accidental/negligent discharge........either way, very sad.

Comment

Wow sad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                We just never know what’s going on inside some people. He seemed to have it all. RIP
                                This is so true. A guy I know took his own life this morning also. I told my wife if you gave me a list of 100 people and rank them in the order I thought they might commit suicide, he would have been at or near the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X