2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
    When they going to finish painting your stock?

Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
      when they going to finish painting your stock?
      😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        Ouch!

I couldn't resist had to poke back a little bit. She looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
          I just got an update from Curtis. They are saying the biggest delay is due to one missing part. The roller bearing for the cocking piece did not arrive on schedule. They are expecting them to deliver next Thursday. Once they get here, we will be able to move forward on the short actions we already chambered a couple weeks back(9 were assigned and chambered but still missing bolts). The balance of the "complete" regular short actions should be coming with them(we are still missing 6). The short mag receiver bodies are not completed at this point either(we are missing 5). They are expected to complete by the time the others are ready.
          Thanks for the update! More optimistic now that they have stated the issue versus just giving another ETA. Just hoping everything will be figured out with enough time to have it dialed in for hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
            Or a re-evaluation of certain suppliers.

I don’t work at APR or know any of those guys well (beyond having them build a few rifles, etc.). I’m guessing that there have been some guys that have been upset with the delays and have spoken up to APR about it but the root cause of the problem isn’t the buyer or the manufacturer. The root cause of the issues as far as I’ve been able to tell has been one (or two) suppliers that couldn’t deliver the way that they said they could. That’s just bad business for that supplier because now a VERY LARGE group of their potential client base has experienced or witnessed the debacle that is their (the supplier) inability to follow through.
            Originally posted by 150class View Post
            X2 on this.

I’m already preparing for the next group but so bring on the next group buy lol
            This^^^^^^^^^ I'll be ready for the next one. The wait doesn't bother me because I'm not in a hurry for it.

Comment

Nope. It means that whatever it ends up being in the future will either be in our inventory already, or be available from vendors with a solid history of meeting their delivery deadlines. I've got some ideas floating around for the next one
              I've got to start getting on here more often. I'm sick that I missed out on this. APR is gonna be my custom rifle choice. Sure hope another build happens. Might be in for two if the timing is right.

Comment

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                I just don't understand how the supplier can keep telling you for 3 months they will have their product in a week, and not deliver.

Will anxiously wait though for a quality piece of work, regardless! Just like a kid in the candy store.

I think Robert has done an excellent job of keeping everyone in the loop and informed of the situation.

It happens all the time. I promised someone a 3 week turn on a product that I normally get in a week. 5 weeks later we missed their deadline by a week.

Last edited by Black Ice; 08-31-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

There is a difference in one missed deadline and 12 missed deadlines on the same product. They told APR next week for 12 weeks.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Seeing the cage in the back ground I wonder if Alamo will do a Police edition for those who are LEO and are looking for a good patrol rifle.

Comment

Fingers crossed that they received the roller bearings hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          For all you guys that still don’t have yours....bidding starts at $5,000

[emoji12]
                          Seriously tho, it sucks for y’all and APR about all this.

You are really coming up in the world lol

Comment

So here's this week's update. We received a box with 6 bolts in it today??? There were supposed to be 9. It was not enough to cover all the ones we already have chambered, but I guess it is some level of progress. I left several messages with Chase today and have not heard back as of yet. I'm hoping there is another box coming that has the remaining bolts and complete actions in it as I was told we would receive all of them at the same time, but have no confirmation or tracking info at the moment.
                            -Robert

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
                              You are really coming up in the world lol

Just trying to catch up with you brother.

Comment

So here's this week's update. We received a box with 6 bolts in it today??? There were supposed to be 9. It was not enough to cover all the ones we already have chambered, but I guess it is some level of progress. I left several messages with Chase today and have not heard back as of yet. I'm hoping there is another box coming that has the remaining bolts and complete actions in it as I was told we would receive all of them at the same time, but have no confirmation or tracking info at the moment.
                                -Robert
                                Thanks for the update Robert. Is it possible to see if mine is included in those 6 if I called up there? I just got drawn for a mid October management hunt in Southwest Texas that I’d love to take this rifle on.

Comment

Working...
                                X