Thompsons water seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompsons water seal

Trying to calculate how much to buy. About 1800 sq ft of cedar fence. Planning to use pump up sprayer. Anybody done this lately with tips or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Want to say I used roughly 8-9 gallons on 105 linear feet.

Comment

5 gal covers 1500 sq ft. Depends on how heavy you spray it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
        5 gal covers 1500 sq ft. Depends on how heavy you spray it.

Thanks. Did you brush it after spraying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would spray. That’s just me, I hate to brush. Go to their website and check it out, good info.

Comment

FWIW.........I have not had good luck with Thompsons. Doesn't last more than 1 year on my dock.

I would recommend this product.

Official TWP Stain Website and Home of TWP & Gemini Products. TWP Wood and Deck Stain Sealer. Preservative for Exterior Wood.

Comment

Thompsons is.garbage. Behr stain/ sealer is.about the best there is. Its.costly but worth it.

Comment

With a sprayer your coverage rate will drop dramatically compared to brushing, but you will save a ton of time. I just did my deck and had to buy double the coverage rate.

Comment

A pump up sprayer is going to use a lot of stain. An airless sprayer is the way to go if you can borrow one or rent one. The one I have has a 24 inch extension and hold a 5 gallon bucket to roll around. If you were closer I would let you use mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                    FWIW.........I have not had good luck with Thompsons. Doesn't last more than 1 year on my dock.

I would recommend this product.

https://www.twpstain.com/
                    I second this suggestion. I used a pump sprayer and brushed in the second coat after spraying it only where needed to even it all out. Its been about a year and half and my fence still looks like day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Thompsons is.garbage. Behr stain/ sealer is.about the best there is. Its.costly but worth it.
                      Bingo.......
                      Thompsons is nothing more that turpentine and lindseed oil.....
                      In Texas Behr... And get the highest UV protection they make.....
                      Thank "us" later......

Comment

Working...
                      X