Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a deer lease vehicle? ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a deer lease vehicle? ????

I'm researching for a possible deer lease vehicle, not locked in to any brand but do have some absolute requirements. Required, enclosed cab with heat, be able to tow around 3000 lbs on the lease not highway, 4x4, we do have some rough places so decent suspension for better ride, relatively quiet doesn't have to be stealth but I don't want loud exhaust, mechanically solid. I can leave it on my lease so it doesn't have to be street legal, if it is I would prefer decent gas milage and be able to drive back and forth from Temple to Junction. Would really like something a little smaller on size for manuverability on the lease.
    So, I know I'm asking alot.
    Would a jeep Cherokee fit the bill? What's their pros and cons?
    Open to any suggestions or recommendations.

Oh!! Budget of up to $6000.

Comment

Toyota pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have been looking at the Ford explorer Sport Trac myself. I think it would have the best of both worlds, a truck and a small SUV. On my property the roads cut are really narrow so I wanted a compact vehicle; and because its a ford parts will be super easy to find. With the 4 doors you will have room to put in passengers and gear. And at about half the price of a non enclosed UTV.

As far a the Jeep, you cant go wrong but I would prefer something with a bed to load game, materials etc.

I am looking at spending between 4-6K for mine.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

Toyota Pickup or a Nissan Pickup

Comment

or a 4runner

Comment

Single cab swb Chevy is something I’ve always wanted for a hunting truck

Comment

Where were you when I was selling my '87 Bronco 4x4?

Comment

there was a nice 4runner on here the other day that would make a great lease ride. Plus they last a long long time.

Comment

Tahoe

Comment

I bought a 1998, "3rd gen" Toyota 4 Runner and I could not be happier. This thing is nice. 4WD and E-locker. Make sure no rust in under the car on the frame.

Its just the right size and its like a goat in the mud. They can be found in good shape.

See this website http://www.toyota-4runner.org/

Ranchdog

Comment

Toyota hands down. Reliable, good ride, good gas mileage and will run forever.

Comment

I’ve got a 00 Jeep Cherokee XJ as my main lease ride. 4 wheel drive, AC and heat are great. It’s pretty easy to work on and parts are easy to get. I put a hitch hauler on it to haul back deer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	81452D72-1F80-4F44-8098-4FEB84ABF315.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	24526124

And it hangs upside down

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                            I’ve got a 00 Jeep Cherokee XJ as my main lease ride. 4 wheel drive, AC and heat are great. It’s pretty easy to work on and parts are easy to get. I put a hitch hauler on it to haul back deer.

[ATTACH]890937[/ATTACH]

And it hangs upside down
                            Super glue ad

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                              Super glue ad
                              No, he's from Australia. House is upside down too. !!

Comment

Working...
                              X