Geminid Meteor Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geminid Meteor Shower

For those of you that live out in the country with no lights, venture outside and look up. Tonight is the Geminid Meteor Shower. Supposed to be one to two meteors per minute and peak overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning.

I get up at 4:30 to get ready for work. I will venture out a little early and watch a while before heading out.

Comment

Just went outside and saw a handful of them. I'm going to try getting up later to when they pick up.

Comment

Peak times they are saying 120+ an hour

Comment

What time is it supposed to kick off. I'm working nights tonight. Inside on the computer doing hazwoper training right now. Gonna have to mosey out to a location with no lights and check it out.

Comment

Every time there has been mention of a shower I spend 30 min out side staring at the blackness and see nothin. It's like I'm bad luck, so I'll stay in the house and let you folks enjoy it.

Comment

Supposed to run all night until dawn. I was reading tonight is the peak time saw 2:30am but can't find that again. I work night's too but it SUCKS cause it's overcast here in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Every time there has been mention of a shower I spend 30 min out side staring at the blackness and see nothin. It's like I'm bad luck, so I'll stay in the house and let you folks enjoy it.
                Look towards Gemini as that's the area of highest probability. Chances are you WILL see one tonight if you go out and look in the right direction. If skies are clear you've got your best chance tonight.

Comment

Went out for about 5 minutes and saw 4. Most almost straight overhead.

Comment

This is the most active night of the year for meteor's. Have to look in the direction of the constellation Gemini.

Comment

saw a few and a couple good ones. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I saw 20 or so between 10:15 and 11:00 when I was outside. Several good ones! I was wondering what the occasion was.

Comment

Working...
                        X