Winter Hog Master Contest...Hog #5 in the books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Hog Master Contest...Hog #5 in the books

I took off this evening to Bastrop to complete the contest. I a set up at the creep feeders on the hill where last weekend I took a sheriff deputy and he killed a 265lb sow and a MUCH bigger boar busted us. I was in hopes he would come out because he would give hogdude a run for biggest hog. Lots of action tonight and after midnight, I had a good group in on the creep feeders. I finally decided to put the .300 Win Mag to work. Shot a sow and dropped her instantly and shot the boar before he was able to make it to the tree line. Here is my #5 hog in the contest. Bad phone picture of the boar and sow, ill take some better ones later.
    Sow shot at 1220a and boar a few seconds later

Last edited by Night Threat; 02-18-2011, 01:04 AM.

Nice!
    Last edited by Cuz; 02-18-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I want to formally WITHDRAW my #5 hog and replace him with this monster queen sow I smoked an hour later! I was where stratton and breck were the other night and this sow was headed out it across the hill. I ran to the fence got a good rest and shot her at 150yds in the neck. I have video of her as well. here she is on the scale and yes, this is a zeroed out 300lb scale. She is officially a 290lb sow and I have everything on VIDEO. I will get deerslayer to post it. if anyone wants to weigh her for there selves, I am going to leave her hanging here at the ranch here in bastrop till i get off work this afternoon in austin.

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

DANG Nice Brother. Anytime you want some help with pig killing holler at me. Im close and you got some big uns out there

Comment

Oh no he di-int.......LOL

WOW, that is a queen sow Eddie. Bring the video by me at work today. Stratt and I wish she had shown up besides that hard-headed boar that he bounced the crossbow bolt off's forehead! That boar will be easy to spot with a shaved line right between his eyes.
            Congrats man.

Gees dude, double digit Los Cozadores Hog Contest wins and you still are consistent as ever. I wave the white flag and bow to you. I thought I have game, but what you have is a whooooole nuther level.

Comment

Just got to work,the big sow is still hanging at the camp house,if someone close by wants to weigh her on another scale I'll be back out there about noon.Thanks (461-7884)

Comment

Got the video and card from the camera here at my office...Dude, you need to get a better camera phone. She is waaaaay bigger than those pics show!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!

Comment

nice pig, good and dead

Comment

Congrats............

Comment

wow... nice job...

you got some bigguns around yer area.

Comment

Theres some big ones,but like anywhere else you have to find them.Lots of medium and small hogs,fun place to hunt.

Comment

Now that's a BIG mama! Congrats!

Comment

Nice hog!!!! Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X