No announcement yet.

Cottonseed trailers for bulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just added plywood cut in half to my 10’ utility trailer....It works for us

Comment

Wear a dust mask when handling cottonseed, it does not look like much but it tears me up

Comment

Could you use an insulatotion blower for moving it into the feeder? Like they loan u at home depot

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
          Use a 20 cu yd dump trailer to haul it and then use a seed box with the bottom shute to fill feeders, the box is designed to be carried by a forklift and I have forks for my backhoe
          easy
          Got any pics?

Comment

My poor little one man operation out of my truck bed has me feeling so inadequate....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9906.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	24531415

Comment

We just use a flat bed trailer with a tarp, holds 1 ton. Just bought 1 ton and filled feeders, then bought another ton for next time because the gin was almost you.

My first year feeding cotton seed, the gin this week said they were almost out for the year. Does everyone feed it year round or just until supplies lasts?

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                We just use a flat bed trailer with a tarp, holds 1 ton. Just bought 1 ton and filled feeders, then bought another ton for next time because the gin was almost you.

My first year feeding cotton seed, the gin this week said they were almost out for the year. Does everyone feed it year round or just until supplies lasts?
                From February until September

Comment

I'm doing January until supplies last which I am told is around July so that should get me through August. Luckily the Angelo area has a later harvest season.

I watched a few videos and was told by folks more experienced than me that I need to stop a month before my normal rut time to let the bucks get their bangstick back to normal so it all works out. I'll go back to alfalfa after that...

Comment

Which gin told you they were almost out for the year?

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
                      Which gin told you they were almost out for the year?

Winter garden in Batesville.

Looks like you Hunt in Pearsall, Do you know if a Gin there?

Comment

Winter garden in Batesville.

Looks like you Hunt in Pearsall, Do you know if a Gin there?
                        No just the one in Batesville. So that's not good. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Is there a place to buy in bulk around San Antonio? Feeding cs may be the way to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X