Wyoming Success, and a TX bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming Success, and a TX bonus

I wanted to give a quick hunting recap of the past week; I’ll try to keep it succinct. TxAg and I have been trying to do an “out west” style hunt each of the last 3 years. 2017 was a Colorado OTC archery elk and the learning curve was steep. 2018 was a Colorado 3rd season cow tag, frigid, and we almost closed the deal several times.

This year we each burned 1 preference point and headed to Wyoming for a DIY rifle antelope hunt. Sunday, Oct. 6th, we arrived a little after dark and set up camp. Monday, we drove around our unit all day, I followed TxAg on a few stalks, and we started to figure out our plan of attack for the following day. Tuesday entailed: hiding the truck, being sneaky, going after every opportunity. The plan worked as I was successful by late morning, and then TxAg followed up about 2 hours later after we cleaned my buck. A few pics below as well as a short quick hitting video (pardon the non-HD and weird multiple posting).

We ended up getting home a day early on Friday where my wife had the help of her mother and sister with the kids for the weekend. To top things off, she said, “Might as well leave and go deer hunting while I have the help.” As a result, I headed out Saturday morning (after play time with my babies) to join up with Throwin’ Darts. I added to the meat pile and shot the buck in the below pic on Saturday evening.

Do any of these animals go into a trophy book? No.
    Do they all go into our personal “a lot of fun and extremely happy” book? Absolutely.
    Last edited by MLank; 10-16-2019, 01:13 PM.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Pics
      Attached Files

Comment

TX
        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Video, Congrats....

Comment

Very nice, congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Just left Gillette this morning and headed to Minnesota

Comment

It was an awesome trip.

I gotta start slinging some arrows to keep up.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Where'd ya get them rainbow arras?

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Where'd ya get them rainbow arras?
                          Muddy fuzzy will make you whatever the heart desires.

Comment

Nice work...

Comment

Awesome! That is absolutely a great trip in my book! Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                              X