No announcement yet.

Lease with With Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking a lot of members wife's lurk here!

Comment

My wife does not hunt. She eats everything I bring home but basically does not want to see it until it is prepped and ready to cook. My hunting partner and I take our wives out a few times every year when the weather is nice - usually in the spring. She enjoys having a nice dinner under the stars, sitting around the fire, driving around the place, but has no desire to shoot anything or even watch me shoot something. This has been working well for us for 32 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Not a lease but hunt with just my wife and boys.

I feel for you guys that are married to a woman that you need time away from!
        THIS!!!
        We hunt on our own place together & she goes bird hunting with me when she feels like it. We are each others best friend & thoroughly enjoy our time together.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
          I’ll take her once or twice but heckkkkk nooooo
          Exactly, taking my son this weekend (he's 6) and she is very much looking forward to a quiet weekend at home! I go to do guy stuff, the perfect lease for me is a no women allowed place outside of a couple pre-designated wives weekends.

I don't blame anyone for having a different opinion and am happy for all of you who do this with your partner. It's your gig, do it your way, I'm in no place to tell you how to hunt!

Comment

My wife doesn't hunt but allows me to go pretty much whenever (helps my lease is less than 30 min away). There are times I would like for her to come with me and there are times I enjoy being out at the lease with friends.

Our lease is a group of friends whom we've all known each other before getting on the lease together. Sure there are times where there is minor drama but compared to some of the stuff I read on here we have it really good.

Overall I guess i'm on the it doesn't matter. As long as i'm around good people (wife or friends) i'm happy

Comment

I thought a deer lease was for girlfriends...….

Comment

My son was conceived at our old lease, so no I dont mind one bit lol. Plus shes hot, likes killing stuff and doesn't mind helping clean deer

Comment

My wife and I work together, so for the most part we are with one another 24/7. Most people would think "that dude really must look forward to time away from her". They'd be wrong the truth is that I didn't enjoy deer season last year as much as I should have, because due to certain circumstances she wasn't able to go very much. I don't like sleeping alone, and I don't much acre for hunting without her either. When I was 25, I couldn't wait to have alone time for myself. But those days had me in a different place in life than I am now, and it wasn't a good place.

I do agree that couples need their "alone time" to participate in hobbies that their spouse may not enjoy. I don't care to go on a weekend that is gonna be spent walking shops, visiting boutiques, brunch at tea shops, etc...so my wife gets this weekends to spend with the ladies and have her time away from me and she's good with that. But she enjoys hunting, we laugh till our sides hurt while hoping we aren't scaring off every deer in the county, and we enjoy every second of it

I do wish that I had a lease with good friends whose wives also enjoyed being at the lease, even if they don't care to hunt. I've had some great fellow lease members in the past 10 years, but only one of the guys had a wife who showed up regularly and they switched leases on me. I miss those folks, we always had a great time.

That being said...if your wife comes to the lease just to keep tabs on you and nag you to death? Well, leave her at home, and deal with the repercussions alone so that you aren't ruining the lease for your fellow members

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                    You’re wrong.... I married one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Got to be at least an 8+ to qualify

Comment

Now that we have a camper to stay at and my wife can keep warm, she came with me a couple of weekends last year. We have teenage kids so if I can take some of them, she stays at home and enjoys the peace and quite.
                      She has absolutely no interest in hunting with me. I broke that early on in our marraige. She had been saying that she wanted to go duck hunting with me for awhile (didn't deer hunt back then). I had a lease that was 1.5 hr drive that had no accommodations so we had to leave like 3:30am. It was one of the coldest days and windy. The blind was just a fallen down tree that we sat behind on buckets. It was a good hunt and got a limit within about an hour, but that's all it took for her to never want to go hunting with me again.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                        My son was conceived at our old lease, so no I dont mind one bit lol. Plus shes hot, likes killing stuff and doesn't mind helping clean deer
                        Funny that you say that, my daughter was conceived on a fishing trip. I don't think these guys know what they are missing out on.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          Got to be at least an 8+ to qualify

You may disagree but I’m confident my wife is well over a 8. Lol. This was 2 weeks ago at the John Sherman Muscle Beach Classic in Galveston and was her first ever bikini competition. She was first in true novice, third in novice, and second in open. She is competing again in December. So, she hunts with a rifle and a bow, helps clean deer, (spent 10 hours processing an elk with me in September) fishes, cooks wild game, and is hot. #winner

Comment

I'd answer but I have to hurry. My wife and I are about to miss our tee time. Then we will be at the couple's poker game. Then off to run trotlines as a couple

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                              You may disagree but I’m confident my wife is well over a 8. Lol. This was 2 weeks ago at the John Sherman Muscle Beach Classic in Galveston and was her first ever bikini competition. She was first in true novice, third in novice, and second in open. She is competing again in December. So, she hunts with a rifle and a bow, helps clean deer, (spent 10 hours processing an elk with me in September) fishes, cooks wild game, and is hot. #winner

Looks like a cull to me!!! Lol!
                              Congrats to your wife on the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Looks like a cull to me!!! Lol!

Congrats to your wife on the competition.

Lololololol. They can all be culls at times mood depending...

Comment

Working...
                                X