No announcement yet.

Any real reason to kill this fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy seeing them while hunting. I've thought about one for the wall as well but I enjoy them more alive than dead. Getting old I guess.

My landowner's boy and son in law put a good hurt on them varmint hunting in the offseason so they aren't a problem at our place judging by the amount of turkeys we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
      What does the fox say?

Comment

I'm an Old man...GOF...
        Grew up in west Texas and varmint hunted a lot.
        Have killed literally hundreds of fox. I have a life size mount of a grey.
        But I have No interest at all in ever killing another.
        Have passed on several opportunities with my bow.
        My Grandkids shoot them when they can and I'm good with that or anyone else who wants to.
        Guess I'm just not as mad at stuff as I used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
          Try and take a pic and share it with the green screen!
          I'll try. Usually about 200 yds away. I'm gonna adjust my game cam to try and catch him on there

Comment

They do a number on the rats and mice. For me that’s enough reason to let them walk. I’ve seen lots of foxes come out while deer were around and the deer just looked at them and went back to eating.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              They make for a cool mount. I'd shoot it but I predator hunt all the time so.....naturally my question is, why not shoot it?

There is no reason to kill them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                There is no reason to kill them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Unless you have chickens,guineas,geese or any ground nesting birds around. Or if you can sell the fur,want a mount or have a chance at a lot of money in a predator hunting contest by killing them.

If you think about it.....there's really not a reason to kill anything.....there's meat at the store.

Comment

Much ado about nothing here... fine either way

Comment

Had one come by me last year while bow hunting chasing a rabbit. I figured I'd shoot him with a bow because it'd be cool. But the more I waited for the right shot the more I enjoyed watching him try to get in the same hole the rabbit went in. I let him go. Glad I did too because all Ida done with him was toss him in the trash pile. I might shoot one once one day just to add it to my list but it wouldn't bother me if I never kill one. They're fun to watch! I did hit one with my truck one morning so I guess you could count that. But I wasn't gonna wreck tryna miss him lol

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Leave it and watch it. They are very cool critters to watch and easy to pattern
                      Totally agree with this statement.

Comment

Took this photo in our back yard yesterday morning. Our back yard butts up to a greenbelt, and this is the second one we've seen in our yard. We lured both of them close to the house (approx. 15 yds.) with a phone predator app (dying rabbit and dying woodpecker). Both appeared very upset with us when they figured out there was nothing for them to eat. I vote let him walk. By the way, yes, I mowed the yard yesterday afternoon.

Regards,

Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

Grey Fox won't hurt a thing except rats and mice and a few birds. Greys probably eat more bugs than anything. Red Fox on the other hand will take baby lambs and baby goats as well as fawns. For years there was a grey vixen that brought her kits out every night to catch bugs under the street light by my house right here in town. Fun critters to watch as they were almost tame and used to people.

Comment

Unless something is truly causing me problems, I will not shoot it if I am not going to eat it. I see no point in just killing something as I get older (did not feel that way when I was younger....lol). For sure I see no point in killing an animal just to mount it. I know lots of people do that, and that is fine, but not for me

Comment

Get a good camera set up and start taking pictures. The best way to become a wildlife photographer. Then you can hang him on the wall and talk about him the rest of your life.

Comment

I probably would not kill a grey fox, and I have had many opportunities but a red fox I might kill. He would look great on the mantle

Comment

Working...
                                X