Semi Live Lake Meredith Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Live Lake Meredith Hunt

So a buddy and I are heading to Lake Meredith to try and tag a few deer. Mule deer are the main target but if a whitetail presents an opportunity we will probably take it. Gonna be heading out in a bit from DFW. Gonna spend the night a campground then hike into the backcountry.

I don’t know what the service is going to be like up there so it may have only occasional updates.

Heard it’s a tough hunt so I’m going into this expecting to see some really cool looking country and spotting some animals. And if we bag something it will be a plus.

Any advice anyone has will be much obliged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along for the ride. I travel from Amarillo to Borger daily just don't have the time to hunt Meredith.

Comment

Good luck! So y'all are going to spike camp? What area are y'all planning on hunting? I'm planning on heading up there after thanksgiving. Everything I've read says the terrain is very tough and so are the animals!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Im in. Get one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

In! Good luck! My wife's family grew up in Borger and Fritch. We go up every year for a reunion. After visiting the lake, this is a hunt on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
              Good luck! So y'all are going to spike camp? What area are y'all planning on hunting? I'm planning on heading up there after thanksgiving. Everything I've read says the terrain is very tough and so are the animals!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Going after a mulie mostly, but if a whitetail presents an opportunity we’re gonna take it.

Comment

Got a lil late start and dealing with this. Need to move out of the city for good

Comment

Good luck. I lived in Fritch for 3 years, and killed several deer at Meredith with a rifle. Never tried to bow hunt if, as it Hard enough with a gun. I still duck hunt up there, mallard hunting is phenomenal.

Comment

Good luck guys! I coached at Frank a Phillips for a year and was fortunate enough to be taken out and killed my first buck up there- I’ve been addicted ever since. Get it done!

Comment

Stopped for some sustenance on the way up there.

Comment

Good luck & safe travels

Hopefully you get a good signal to keep us updated

Comment

Yall are gonna have to crack the windows after that so-called sustenance.

Good luck on your hunt. Enjoy the fresh air out there!

Comment

Did you happen to get any pointers on bow hunting that place? What areas are you planning on hunting? Pictures of the river and boat ramps would be nice. I hear the lake level is going up. I heard that one boat ramp opened up and they were expecting to open up some more.

Comment

Yeah, we’re gonna bike back into Evans Canyon and stay out there. It’s youth weekend for gun. Figured less youth would be hiking back that far and may push some deer to us from other areas. We’ll see and I’ll have a report on what we see.

Comment

Working...
                              X