No announcement yet.

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fan of the chicken and crums. Haven't eaten there in a long time but reading this thread makes me want to go

Comment

I feel dirty going into LJS but I still go, alone cause my wife refuses. It is disgusting and I love it. I don't even know what I am eating when I order the sampler plate but I pride myself on concocting some amazing dip combinations. I leave there feeling like I just ran over a baby kitten but I will return, I always return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

About once or twice a year I stop in and get a 2 piece fish to go with my half bottle of malt vinegar!!

Comment

Only thing I get there are the hush puppies, with some crumbs. I always feel extra greasy after eating it though.

Comment

Totally forgot about this place until reading this thread. But I instantly remembered the "drowning in grease" feeling described above.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
              I feel dirty going into LJS but I still go, alone cause my wife refuses. It is disgusting and I love it. I don't even know what I am eating when I order the sampler plate but I pride myself on concocting some amazing dip combinations. I leave there feeling like I just ran over a baby kitten but I will return, I always return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
              me too. that's why i started this silly thread

Comment

They also have awesome tarter sauce!!!!

Comment

Love me some LJS!! especially the coleslaw & crunches.

Wife & I eat there quiet often.

Comment

Me too

Comment

One time in college I ate a big pile of it, then proceeded to drink too much. I still have flashbacks and can feel the tile floor I spent three days laying on.

Comment

I have the same issue with LJS. Not to mention several other fast food places....McD's, Wendy's, Sonic. Sometimes you just gotta get your fix. But, like so many others on here, I fell like crap after I eat it. Is there such a thing as crap food remorse?

I get it once a year for these places. AND , now that I have read this thread, I need a LJS fix.

Comment

Ahhh.. Brings back memories... If I wanted wheels (a truck) in high school, I had to have a job. On my 16th birthday, I walked into LJS, and walked out with said job! I spent 2 1/2 years working there until I got out of school, and got a job with Schlumberger..
                          In those years, I never saw anybody mistreat the food. Of course, I grew to dislike it because I ate so much of it... It took me years to go back, but I finally did, and enjoyed it.. Those hushpuppies would give me incredible gas!! They closed the one here in Baytown years ago... Now it's a taco shop. Surprise!!
                          Lesto!!

Comment

I get the LJS craving now and then but I kick it by going to BJs Brewhouse and order the fish and chips from the menu. The fish is LJS like but not as greasy and the thin cut fries are much better! They also have Malt Vinegar which is a must! Plus, the many choices of their house brewed beer and the fact that they stock my bourbon of choice, Knob Creek seals the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
                              Used to be a LJS on Villa Maria in Bryan that I went to weekly back during college. That was 35 years ago and I don't remember eating at one since. This got me to thinking about trying it again. And if you went thru the drive-thru they always forgot to give you cole slaw.
                              I just hit up the one off texas and villa maria the other day! I always see it and go ****it I need to go get some LJS. I even almost set an alert on my phone to remind me. Went 6 months before I remembered to go get me some! I love it about once a year myself

Comment

For me it's about once a year. The cravings are real though and out of no where. Usually about halfway through I look at my box of food and question my life choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X