Advise needed on Remington 700 trigger replacenent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise needed on Remington 700 trigger replacenent

My wife acquired an older 22-250 two years ago and I bought a Timney to drop in it so I didnt have to worry about the factory trigger issues. Well when I put the new trigger in today and tried to put the stock back on I quickly noticed that the trigger was too wide and rubs the stock and bottom metal. The trigger functions fine outside the stock but will not function in the stock as its too tight. So what do I do, take a file to the stock and bottom metal? I thought about just buying a custom stock but then I would want a different barrel without sights on it etc and I dont want to get in all that.... Any and all advise appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It is not unusual to have to remove material from the stock but I have never had to file the bottom metal. Are you sure the action is sitting straight in the stock?

Comment

When I put in my Jewel I had to do some filing on my stock but not the metal.

Comment

I will have to check again. To me to trigger loomed like it was sitting to the right in the trigger guard. Its possible the stock is causing that since its tight. I will check it out tomorrow and file the stock down. Thanks guys.

Comment

Is it a factory wood stock? I had to open up the wood stock on my R700 mountain rifle when I installed the Jewell in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Plan to take some wood off the stock. Once I did that it fit real snug (but cleared) in the trigger guard. The safety is the piece that rubbed the most at least on my replacement. It was a timney trigger.

Comment

And I used a dremel on the stock but make sure it is on a low setting.

Comment

Its a factory synthetic stock and yes the safety is whats dragging the most. A dremel isnt a bad idea.

Comment

I have experienced this on a 700adl. There is also a few videos on YouTube with the same problem. I found that o wasn’t alone. Little at a time with a dremel or file, and you all set.

Comment

Thank y'all. I will work on it sometime this week.

Comment

I know a guy who can hone and polish your factory Remington trigger to perform as good as any aftermarket available, in the opinion of myself and many other happy customers.

PM me for info

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                        I know a guy who can hone and polish your factory Remington trigger to perform as good as any aftermarket available, in the opinion of myself and many other happy customers.

PM me for info

I’m willing to bet he can’t get is as low as the aftermarket triggers safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post

PM me for info
                          I already have the Timney mounted. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Working...
                          X