AFC Paris TBOT Shoot JAN 21,22 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron View Post
    That's good news, because I've decided to shoot a bow that I just received and use some woodies that just came in from 3rivers. I am only bringing six arrows, so I might be at the chili bowl early , if I run out of arrows.
    Ron, on the norm I carry 3 arrows to the range, the ones in my quiver just like hunting. I had a guy remark, dang you must be good or confident! I am neither, I figure if I can't make it with 3 arrows I really can't afford to be out there!lol That's why my goal is to make it through with all arrows still in my quiver! If I do, I figure I had a great round!!

Comment

That's good news, because I've decided to shoot a bow that I just received and use some woodies that just came in from 3rivers. I am only bringing six arrows, so I might be at the chili bowl early , if I run out of arrows.
      I'll probably be right with you Ron. We can belly up to the chilly bar together.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
        Ron, on the norm I carry 3 arrows to the range, the ones in my quiver just like hunting. I had a guy remark, dang you must be good or confident! I am neither, I figure if I can't make it with 3 arrows I really can't afford to be out there!lol That's why my goal is to make it through with all arrows still in my quiver! If I do, I figure I had a great round!!
        If only three arrows is enough, I might lighten the load

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
          I'll probably be right with you Ron. We can belly up to the chilly bar together.

Matt
          Let's plan on it.

Comment

If only three arrows is enough, I might lighten the load
            Having too few arrows can actually be a good thing.

The first year we shot at the Austin Trad Championship I forgot to bring my pocket quiver with my woodies. I had brought a cardboard tube containing a few spare arrows from the group a four kinds that Martha and I both shoot. It had only two of my woodies in it.

I had to concentrate real hard shooting my Recurve Wood round knowing I didn't have any arrows to spare. I managed to finish the round shooting one arrow only and took second with 305 to Chris Brown's 306.

I came to love that arrow and it became my favorite "Super Woody" (until I broke it a couple of years later).

Comment

I hate when that special arrow breaks.... For me at least it's not nessasarily a super arrow but one I really trust and know for certain is down the middle if I do my part... I've owned a couple and lost them all....

As soon as it acts up it's out for the rest of the shoot.... Unless his buddies don't do there part either and it's best if I sit out the rest of the shoot

Looks like it's back on for the weekend at this point

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                Having too few arrows can actually be a good thing.

The first year we shot at the Austin Trad Championship I forgot to bring my pocket quiver with my woodies. I had brought a cardboard tube containing a few spare arrows from the group a four kinds that Martha and I both shoot. It had only two of my woodies in it.

I had to concentrate real hard shooting my Recurve Wood round knowing I didn't have any arrows to spare. I managed to finish the round shooting one arrow only and took second with 305 to Chris Brown's 306.

I came to love that arrow and it became my favorite "Super Woody" (until I broke it a couple of years later).
                Wow 305 That would be two rounds for me, I wouldn't lose an arrow either, if I shot 305. Great shooting!

Comment

Got a related question: Can I shoot the Longbow Wood class and then shoot the Longbow Open using the same wood arrows?

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
                    Got a related question: Can I shoot the Longbow Wood class and then shoot the Longbow Open using the same wood arrows?

Wayne
                    No Sir. You used to be able to, but that was changed to the way it is written about three years ago. Open is Carbon or Aluminum only (anything but wood).

Men's Longbow Open — carbon, aluminum arrows, i.e. synthetic arrows (no wood arrows)

Here's a link to the complete rules:

Last edited by fletcherfor2; 01-19-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

The first T-BOT of 2012 starts tomorrow! Weather looks great

Wunderground says:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	P-W.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	24044619

Accuweather says:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	P-A.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	24044620

Comment

Charles, don't forget my tire! Sent you a PM.

Bisch

Comment

I do not have anyone in particular to shoot with, if somebody wants to meet up early to shoot, I'll be ready.

Comment

I do not have anyone in particular to shoot with, if somebody wants to meet up early to shoot, I'll be ready.
                            Ron,

We'd love to shoot with you, but we'll be driving up in the morning from The Colony and we're not real early risers on the weekend. I plan on arriving by 9:30.

If we're not there in time for your first round, we'll be shooting three over the weekend and maybe we can hook up for another round. We'll also have an arrow snagger that will be available free to our shooting group.

Comment

Ron, Dusty and I would love to shoot a round with you, but we won't be getting there on Saturday until 9ish. There will be MANY who will be glad to have you in their group - no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                                Ron,

We'd love to shoot with you, but we'll be driving up in the morning from The Colony and we're not real early risers on the weekend. I plan on arriving by 9:30.

If we're not there in time for your first round, we'll be shooting three over the weekend and maybe we can hook up for another round. We'll also have an arrow snagger that will be available free to our shooting group.
                                Originally posted by M-2 View Post
                                Ron, Dusty and I would love to shoot a round with you, but we won't be getting there on Saturday until 9ish. There will be MANY who will be glad to have you in their group - no worries.
                                35 years of marriage and we are still in sync, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X