A couple of Harper area bucks 9/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of Harper area bucks 9/6

It is amazing how different deer can look from one picture to the next. In some of these pictures peoples first thought would be man that is a nice hill country buck and in other it would be well it a deer...LOL. There are 2 deer in these pictures that I find interesting. One is a narrow 10 point. In the first picture he is dead center. In the back right it the other buck. He is a 9 thanks to a split brow. While the pictures are not great I think you can see enough to make it interesting. Remember it is the same bucks in all of the pictures. Once I see them in person I will try to get an accurate read on age but I think they are both mature.

Holy giant TC pics!

Comment

Both need aged.....my .02

Comment

Sorry. I am trying a new image hosting site.

Pat both are 4 1/2. Hard to age them now but come fall they will both bulk up. I have seen them in years past.

I tried resizing the picture. Lets see if this works..

Last edited by TX_Hoghunter; 09-06-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I think this will be better....

Comment

Nice...That 9 with the split brow is pretty cool.

Comment

I would have called them both 5 yr olds from these pics. You are correct about trying to age a buck from one picture, it is very difficult. Different pictures and angles make them look much different.

Comment

Nice bucks.

Comment

Well.....how current are those pics? They are all dated 2011 unless they are current and your date imprinted on the image needs to be reset in the camera? Either way, good shooters!

Comment

LOL..The dates are wrong. All pictures from the last month. I would have to go back and look at old pictures to get an exact date but I know they are at least 4 1/2. We do feed protein so our bucks will sometimes look a year older than what they are.

Thanks.

-john

Comment

Nice Bucks

Comment

Hey Pat do you think this one is old enough? He was probably there back when you were still on the lease...LOL.

-john

Comment

Good ponch on him, John.....Good luck this year....Seems I saw the ranch up for sale at the last of last year. Mr. Bateman ok? Sure miss that country...Had a bad wreck in December. **** semi flat bed trailer across both lanes of FM3133. It was dark and raining and I didn't see it until too late! Now have plate & screws in my pelvis, face, arm. Won't be pulling a bow for a bit....still building strength up.

Comment

Seeing any axis or black buck?

Comment

Working...
                            X