Someones gonna call BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someones gonna call BS

If you have fished and hunted long enough you have had one or several really strange and bazar things happen to you. So strange and bazar that if someone told you it happen to them you would call BS. Here is one of those stories.

About 20 years ago a buddy and me were bow hunting on a lease we had between Fort McKavett and El Darado. It was an evening hunt and I had seen a lot of deer but did not shoot as I was still hunting for my buck and most were small bucks and does that evening. I returned to the cabin shortly after dark and put away my gear and grabbed a cold one and walked back outside. My buddy drove up and got out and immediately ask if I had done any good. I replied that I did not see anything I wanted to shoot and no mature bucks. I ask if he did any good. His reply was I think I killed a doe but don't know how. I said what do you mean you don't know how. He said Larry I missed the Bit**. She ducked my arrow and I shot right over her back. I ask what makes you think you killed her and he said It sounded just like she crashed right after I lost sight of her. He proceeds to pull the arrow out of his quiver that he shot at her with and there is blood half the length of the arrow. I said You had to have hit her since there is blood on the arrow. He said look at it again and when I did I could see what he was trying to get over to me. The half of the arrow that was covered in blood was the fletching end and the feathers were ruffled backwards.

We got a lantern and flashlight and headed out to see what we could find. Upon arrival he showed me where she was standing and where he pulled the arrow out of the ground. You could tell she had dug out real hard when she left. We started following the trail that he said she left out on but we were finding no blood. We continues to follow the trail with no blood and low and behold about 35 yards from where she was standing when he shot at her she was laying stone dead. The ground was disturbed where she crashed but the only blood was a small amount coming from her nose and mouth. We looked her over and could find only a small slice on her back where he clipped her when she ducked his arrow. Nothing no where, no how near a fatal wound. He said I guess I scared the crap out of her and she had a heart attack. We loaded her up and back to camp we went.

Once we got back we strung her up and began to dress her out. We check her out real good and could find no entry wound except the slice on her back. We took it slow and easy because we wanted to try to find out how she died. The chest cavity was full of blood and she looked to have been double lunged as both had bloody tissue. Once we got her totally cleaned out we could still not see any entry wound.

One last look after we washed here out and we saw a small hole between 2 ribs. Sticking my finger in the hole it went all the way thru to the outside. On the outside you could not see it because it was coved by hair and there was no blood. Back inside we looked and there was a small bruised bloody area on the opposite side of the chest from the hole.

This is what we figured out and decided what took place. At the shot she ducked his arrow just like he saw and he barely clipped her back and the arrow stuck in the ground immediately behind her. As she spun to run off she impailed (sp) herself on the knock end of the arrow traveling the full width of her chest and it puncturing both lungs leaving no blood and evidence on the outside that she was hit.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it so lets her the BS calls! LOL
    Last edited by Hornytoad; 10-22-2015, 07:03 PM.

Thats crazy.

Comment

BS

Kidding.... I guess it could happen. That's crazy.

Comment

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard....wow

Comment

I can believe that.
          I shot a bobcat one year. It was walking away from me, giving me that perfect quartering away shot. I hit the bobcat on the left side, just behind the shoulder, which would put the exit in front of the shoulder on the right side. Just as the arrow hit that cat, he jumped at least 3 feet straight up and hauled but. I was going to have this one mounted since it was my first bow cat. When I found it, had a hole right behind the shoulder on the left side, right where I put it, but, on the right side, on the back flank, was one big ole gash with the guts hangin out. Remember, this cat was walking away from me. Only thing I can figure, this cat jumped so quick, that it turned the arrow at the same time and exited out the back of the opposite side.
          Needless to say, it wasn't worth mounting then.

Comment

Yup it could happen.

Comment

That is unreal

Comment

Vladimir the Impaler....Crazy story

Comment

Dunno, very possible...good story either way

Comment

Crazy. But, anything is possible.

>E

Comment

Wow crazy story . Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                        Vladimir the Impaler....Crazy story
                        Jeff you probably have at least one that is more bazar than this one I bet knowing you and the croud you hunt with.

Comment

Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Hornytoad View Post
                            Jeff you probably have at least one that is more bazar than this one I bet knowing you and the croud you hunt with.
                            I don't think I can top this one Larry. Your's is a cool story though. I would have loved to be there and seen it.

Comment

Did something similar with a antelope in Wyoming. Shot her at about 50 yards with a 6mm. She dropped in her tracks. There was no bullet wound, or mark of any kind on her. We skinned her out, and same thing. My dad said I scared her to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X