• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372786977.820232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	24215995 this is out extreme duty root grapple. After having a grapple on an attachment you will want all of them to have it...they come in so very handy all the time. This was a good chunk of my inspiration. I just have to figure out the geometry on the cylinder & grapple to make sure there is something close to a good alignment.

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372787519.259942.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	24215997 checking movement and angles

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372787746.478695.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	24215998that will be about fully open, around 44"

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372793261.304138.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24216012 still thinking

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372797768.484834.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	24216021 5/16 angle supporting the 1/2x 10.5 vertical straps for the cylinder.

Comment

I see what you are going for, but not sure the grapple will be out of the way enough when digging. BUt looking forward to seeing it in action!

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                I love it! My brother and I went halves on their MicroCut 380 plasma cutter about 12 years ago. I have taken it all over the US and cut plenty of 3/8 (slowly). Just keeps rocking. My Mig 200 I have had for about 7 years. It makes me smile often. Last year I bought their little Mig 130 (110v) for doing stuff like carports/purlin. They are all well built and haven't given me any problems. I know I won't buy another Lincoln. Great customer service too.
                I was going to buy my son a small Lincoln from Home Depot I may look in to this 130 now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  I see what you are going for, but not sure the grapple will be out of the way enough when digging. BUt looking forward to seeing it in action!
                  That is a concern of mine as well; however, I think it will work out fine. A few photos up it is connected to the machine and there is a board propping the jaw open...the bucket is rolled all the way forward, so that's about as bad as it will get. And without the bucket on a longer boom, I will only be able to go as deep as the attachment plate will let me. But we shall see pretty soon

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                    I was going to buy my son a small Lincoln from Home Depot I may look in to this 130 now.
                    You will like it. Call them, you can tell they are good folks.... 1-800-USA-WELD

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372804405.297063.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24216044
                      + hydraulics are working great
                      - cylinder touches plate, just under the sticker. It's minimal, so I am going to try notching the plate instead of drilling a new mount.

Comment

Are you gonna box the back of that lower hydro mount?

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372812586.380249.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	24216099 screwed up! I notched 2" then notched another 2"...cylinder kept hitting the plate. Almost cleared it, so I cranked it back with the hydraulics again and it busted the tack welds on the bucket side...which almost immediately have me the idea to then raise the mount with a 1/2" spacer...BAMMMM, done. Seems to be aligned correctly now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Are you gonna box the back of that lower hydro mount?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372818475.607572.jpg
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	24216131. Just added some square tubing on the quick-attach plate backside. I put a piece of wood in the bucket and bowed-up on it with the hydraulics....in horror I watched the (combined) 9/16" plate bend/bow. When I pulled back on the hydraulics it went "mostly" back into shape...slight curve. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372818739.637114.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24216132

I will add more to the grapple side mount as well.

Comment

** the square tubing was added in response to the bending of the 9/16.

Comment

I'd still box the back of those 1/2" plates on the lower hydro mount. And the base of the lower hydro mount as well with looong gussets going down and apart from each other...if that makes any sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X