No announcement yet.

Shingles are a bad Mofo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine looked very similar to this at one point. Except the blisters were larger. If you can't handle burns very well, shingles are not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      I heard how painful shingles are and took the shot about a year ago. No use taking any chances.
      Did the same thing last year. My dad had them a few years ago and I wanted no part of that.

Comment

I had shingles under and side of my arm pit, very painful, hope yours heals soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
          The pharmacy called me just last week to tell me my insurance paid for it and asked if I wanted it. This came out of the blue and I was not receptive to it....I don't get shots until they are necessary! Y'all are making me want to go over there tomorrow and get it!

Sure hope you recover quickly!
          I was going to get the shot until I looked at the side affects...

Ill just take my chances on round 3...

Comment

My wife has gotten them a couple of times.
            It was miserable for her.

Comment

I have had them several times around the back of the ribcage and yes, they are terrible to get!

Comment

Never had them and sure don't want them

In some cases you can get a shot to help relieve some of the pain. We have treated a handful where I work
                The one guy I know, my IT guy, had them on his face, in his ears, mouth and all around his eyes. He said the shot made a huge difference
                Something you might ask your doctor about. Type of nerve block

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  I was going to get the shot until I looked at the side affects...

Ill just take my chances on round 3...
                  That is why I nixed it to begin with (and I just flat out don't like needles!)....but geez....all these stories are sure making me think I may want the dang shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                    That is why I nixed it to begin with (and I just flat out don't like needles!)....but geez....all these stories are sure making me think I may want the dang shot.
                    Supposedly there is a new Shingle shot out (Shingrix) that has a higher percent of effectiveness, and hasn't shown the bad side effects of the Zostavax shot.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                      Supposedly there is a new Shingle shot out (Shingrix) that has a higher percent of effectiveness, and hasn't shown the bad side effects of the Zostavax shot.
                      Hope you feel better soon! And I can't help but think the timing of this thread and the call from the pharmacy is probably not coincidental!

Seriously considering it now.

Comment

I've been dealing with a bout of Shingles for 6 weeks. I think I'm about done, but that was some kind of experience. I don't wish them on anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                          No idea which unicorn she used, but I can't argue with results. Nothing was working, and I tried it. It worked. Only thing I used with the oils was Tylenol.
                          Antiviral medication wasn't working? Well that sucks.

I mean I can see oils helping with the surface pain and inflammation, but I just don't see a topical treatment affecting a virus in the nerves.

Comment

I took the shot a year ago and after reading all these stories I'm glad I did !! I was skeptic about it at first . BTW I had no side effects from the shot . Good luck to all of you !!

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                              I have told several people that I don't know how anyone could take the pain on the face.
                              Mine started off itching like crazy, for the first few days. Then the pain set in. At one point, I told the wife just shoot me in the head. Went to the doctor and he gave me a shot. That helped and cleared up a few days later. Don't remember what he gave me, but didn't have any side affects.

Comment

Had them last year at this time. On my left rib cage. Took 8 weeks to start clearing up. The only thing that I can compare them to is a man of war sting and yes I have been hit by one of those ugly SOB.

Comment

Working...
                                X