Used car nightmare and need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my wife a car around Christmas of this past year and it’s been in the shop for the last month. We picked up the car on December 28th and drove it home and had it for a week or two when I busted a tire on the way home from dinner. I took it to the dealership to have the tire replaced and have a recall done on the passenger airbag. They fixed the tire and did the recall and I took it home that Monday. Thursday of that week my wife took someone to lunch and the passenger noticed the passenger seatbelt wasn’t connected to the frame on the bottom. We called the dealership and let them know about the seatbelt not being bolted down and the apologized and said to bring it back and they would have her in and out in a short time. We also told them that an airbag light or seatbelt light was still on and they said they would check it out while it was there.

After a 2 hours of waiting they told my wife that they would need to keep it for the weekend and gave her a loaner and they would call her Monday or Tuesday to pick up the car.

Tuesday they called and said they needed a special tool to take apart the drivers side seatbelt and that it was a sensor on the drivers side that was throwing the code. That’s when they told me nobody in the US had the tool and that it wouldn’t be in until February the 15th. I said cool I’ll come pick up my car and return it when the tool came in and they said they couldn’t release my car due to it being a safety issue. They said to keep the loaner and not to drive it more then 100 miles a day and I said that won’t be a problem because my wife was going to the airport to leave for work and it would be there. That’s when they said we couldn’t leave their car at the airport so my wife had to take my truck to the airport and I had to leave the loaner in my garage.

The tool came in on the 12th 3 days early and they fixed the sensor but the bad news was it didn’t fix the problem.

So know I’ve paid my first payment with the car in the shop and I’m paying my second payment Tuesday and only put 400 miles on the car. The car has 7300 miles on it and has factory warranty until December 2020 or 50,000 miles.

After reading all that BS would it be unreasonable to ask for some sort of compensation like extended warranty because I’m not feeling really comfortable about the car I purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 02-14-2019, 11:17 PM.

What car did you get?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy2 View Post
      What car did you get?

Bet it's a Dodge

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking that or a Chrysler, but BMW do this

Comment

What car did you get?

2017 Audi S7 prestige sport package.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-14-2019, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
            Bet it's a Dodge

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I am dodge product free for the first time since 1999.

Comment

I hope it works out, i would threaten them that they need to take the car back. Send them a certified letter

Comment

I hope it works out, i would threaten them that they need to take the car back. Send them a certified letter

Since I bought it used would I be able to do that?

Comment

Just be a thorn in their sides if you feel like the car was misrepresented

Comment

Just be a thorn in their sides if you feel like the car was misrepresented

It’s not so much that the car was misrepresented but that I have been out of the car for so long and still don’t have an answer.

I don’t fault the place I bought it from it’s more on the Audi Dealership doing the work and Audi brand. Somebody at the dealership made the decision to wait a month for a tool to take a seatbelt apart vs replacing the seatbelt and now a month later I’m at square one. They are now chasing a wiring problem.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-15-2019, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I would demand that they take the car back. Type out a letter detailing the issues and hand deliver it to the owner of the dealership or at least the General Manager.

Comment

p.s. Since it is a used car they may not take it back, but it is worth a try.

Comment

I would’ve parked the loaner at the airport. And drove it 150 miles a day

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                            I would’ve parked the loaner at the airport. And drove it 150 miles a day
                            How do you drive it 150 miles a day if it is parked at the airport? And why would you drive it 150 miles a day just to drive it? Are you saying you would just get in it to drive it 150 miles a day every day? Who has time for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

How do you drive it 150 miles a day if it is parked at the airport? And why would you drive it 150 miles a day just to drive it? Are you saying you would just get in it to drive it 150 miles a day every day? Who has time for that?
                              Me to very confused:-(

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X