Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theif got into my trucks in the driveway again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
    [ATTACH]944890[/ATTACH]

Talladega Nights style....
    Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
      I would have no issue offing him. "Officer, he said he was going to kill me".
      That's my story.
      RIIIIIGHT! More computer cowboys that have no issue with killing another human being over some change, a computer, a firearm, and some hunting gear. Good Lord, this thread is full of them.
      Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 02-06-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        The constable's deputy that took the report told me that the number one target for a car break in is a visible GPS navigator, and that's exactly what that looks like. For those of you who suggested a driveway alarm, I have been that route, and it drove my wife and I crazy going off all the time.
        Where you at in Katy? Our neighborhood gets hit from time to time, but we are further northwest. So far we are batting a perfect 1 at catching the criminals either in the act, or a few days later.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          One day they will make houses that come with little buildings for the cars to live in. You could put them there at night and they're be protected from rain, sleet, snow, and thieves. They could even make them with a door that can be open and closed with a motorized cable. Whoever comes up with this idea is gonna make millions.

One day. I have a dream.
          You might just be on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            You might just be on to something.
            They should call it a "car hole"....[emoji6]

Comment

What I would like for these situations and for neighborhood cats. A motion sensor that activates a selected loud sound. Could be a recording of a police style entry with flashbang grenades or even a mountain lion. That would make good video.

Comment

Give in to them or whatever you want to call it. I call it saving money and time. Ain’t going to kill someone in my driveway stealing stuff out of truck either. I have been in LE 25 plus years and seen people that ended up loosing everything on defense costs and also paying civil damages. Remember civil is just 50% rule. Get a few anti gun folks on there and you owe some jackwagons family $10 million or more. Not happening to me. Leave doors unlocked with nothing in there I can’t replace with ease.

Comment

And if you think you have good CHL insurance check all print and see what they do for civil defense and lost cases

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    And if you think you have good CHL insurance check all print and see what they do for civil defense and lost cases
                    I'm not gonna kill anyone if I dont have to .. I'll hold em at gun point or beat the hell out of them with a bat or shovel.. but I'm not gonna stand by and let someone take my stuff because I'm scared to defend my property..
                    And last time I checked someone stealing stuff or breaking into your shop at night has zero to do with chl..

Comment

Been broken into three times. First two times cost me a few hundred dollars repairing handles and locks. Third time truck was unlocked and they came in took out all the papers in the console and glove box. Looked for valuables and found nothing, moved on to the next one with no damage.

Comment

Jds. It depends on DA and investigator. You will have to pay for defense as you will goto grand jury if by chance you had to shoot someone. Walk out and guy charges you with tire iron. You will still have some expenses. Now dirtbags family takes you toncivil court and you get a draw of a very liberal jury. They award dirtbags family whatever million dollars. You are now in financial ruin.
                        I’ll let them
                        Have my ashtray money

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          I hate thieves as much as the next guy but I cant say that I'd go outside in my drawers to off a guy for breaking into my truck. Not sure I could comfortably live with that. Thats just me. Come into my home, thats a different set of rules.
                          +1. He/she can have my loose change, owners manual, CD case from the 90s, and some gum wrappers. Not enough to take a human life.
                          +1 Also on the house being completely different story.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Jds. It depends on DA and investigator. You will have to pay for defense as you will goto grand jury if by chance you had to shoot someone. Walk out and guy charges you with tire iron. You will still have some expenses. Now dirtbags family takes you toncivil court and you get a draw of a very liberal jury. They award dirtbags family whatever million dollars. You are now in financial ruin.
                            I’ll let them
                            Have my ashtray money
                            I understand where your coming from but I believe I read that civil immunity goes along with the castle law.. and I'm in no way saying it's the right thing to do or that's what I want to do but you cant let people walk all over you..
                            Last edited by jds247; 02-06-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Honestly if you see someone breaking into your vehicle what should you do?? if you kill them you may get jail time in this society and if you shoot at them they may shoot back killing the owner....

Comment

Just giving you the consequences before you are faced with situation. Do as you wish. I would imagine turning your light on and opening your front door and problem will run away. If you had door locked you will have a couple hundred dollars damage. Doors open you might have lost some ashtray money.
                                Walking over me would be harming someone or causing a threat to family or I. Ain’t gonna happen. Also be aware anyband all training and experience can work against you. I’m 6’04 - have plenty of documented training- have documented fighting experience. All of the above would actually count against me in civil court trust me. And do your research on the subject and see how many horror stories there are about guys loosing everything. Now if you are unable to defend yourself because you are gimped up it works in your favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X