Hunting Accuracy/Proficiency ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my last 4 shots at 15yds, while sitting in a hunting chair:

While I’m disappointed that I did not hit my mark, I know every one of those would have killed just about any critter I was shooting at. If I’m gonna miss, I’d rather miss a little low, than any high.

As Chunky always says “I’d rather miss a critter low than hit one high!”.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just so you know Bisch, you and I are having a contest and you've beat me like a drum every time!
      Every time you post what you did I try to see if I can match it, no luck so far, nor do I expect any success in the future but i'm having a good time trying!
      Last edited by chuckc.; 02-15-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
        Dang I wish there was a way to keep compounders from getting "lost" in this "Traditional" forum, especially in these type topics.

Not that I mind you guys, but it would help give your comments some validity "IF" you read some of the posts, and knew where you were before posting.

Rick
        sorry, didn't know this was your forum section ... still, shouldn't you shoot at a smaller 'spot', to focus closer for improvement? Instinctive or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
          Um, compound much?

We're talking stickbows here, but tennis ball accuracy at 20 & beyond is quite good for anyone.

Rick
          I was reading this thread and thinking to myself, "what the actual **** am I reading" "who cant complete this"

It wasn't until this post I realized this was in the stickbow area and the light bulb came one. Im a part time stickbow shooter and no way in hell I could pass that at 20 yards. For the record I dont hunt with mine, its just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            sorry, didn't know this was your forum section ... still, shouldn't you shoot at a smaller 'spot', to focus closer for improvement? Instinctive or not.
            LOL. I was just pokin some friendly fun at you.
            I do wish you would go back, and read the posts, and get a better perspective of what we non sighted stickbow shooters have to deal with.

We all strive for improvement, but even the best of the best of us will not measure up to the accuracy of a well trained sighted compound shooter.
            To be honest, a 6" group from 20 yards is quite large for any bow with sights on it.

Rick

P.S.
            Great shooting Bisch.

Comment

You guys that are retired are having fun shooting arrows! I check in after awhile to see what you guys are doing in between phone calls and emails ! I am jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Armendariz View Post
                You guys that are retired are having fun shooting arrows! I check in after awhile to see what you guys are doing in between phone calls and emails ! I am jelly.
                I'm doing all my posting when my phone beeps at me.
                It's a refreshing break every few minutes from building tabs.
                In other words - I'm working too, but I'm a multi tasker.

Rick

Comment

I was not happy with the 92 at 15yds. I shot 8 arrows out of 20 outside that 3.25” circle, and I’m not satisfied with that at all!!!!! Just means I need to work more to get back to where I was!!

Bisch

Comment

Good shooting guys!!
                    I’ll try this tomorrow if the rain holds out long enough, I won’t be home before dark today.

Comment

I haven't shot much the last two months as you know. Trying to get back in a groove. Shot ten shots this morning. Just got home and got charcoal going and the chicken on. Grabbed my Widow and arrows. Stepped off to 21 yards and took my first shot. Then the next four. Collected them, walked back and launched one more. Figured it was time to flip the chicken.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by DRT; 02-15-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks again for posting this Rick, it made this weeks practice fun and productive. I shot this at 10 yds and found that I was 93% in the center and the other shots were well within a deer’s vitals. This has been my self imposed range while I’m in my blind. This is my proficiency distance and I think that’s what you wanted us to accomplish. It’ll be a confidence booster when that buck walks in that area this year. Hope I get a chance to shoot with you some time.

Comment

Good shooting Gary.

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                          Thanks again for posting this Rick, it made this weeks practice fun and productive. I shot this at 10 yds and found that I was 93% in the center and the other shots were well within a deer’s vitals. This has been my self imposed range while I’m in my blind. This is my proficiency distance and I think that’s what you wanted us to accomplish. It’ll be a confidence booster when that buck walks in that area this year. Hope I get a chance to shoot with you some time.
                          Yep, and yep it will.

Rick

Comment

Hunting Accuracy/Proficiency ?

Good shooting Gary!!!!

I guess I gotta work even harder now that I know you are after me Chuck!!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 02-15-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

9" plate always worked for me...

Comment

You got nothing to worry about Bisch unless they let me shoot all the shots Saturday from the ten yard line. It was just a game I played because I know how well you shoot. You’d post your scores and I’d try to match you. It actually put a little pressure on me and made it fun. By the way just in case anyone is wondering Bish won handily every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X