Ever recover a deer like this? First time for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Any evidence the deer was drug to that final resting place?

I’m in the bobcat category
    Bobcat would be more likely, but if it's missing the amount of meat he says it is that's a hell of a hungry bobcat.

Comment

I'm really looking looking forward to the follow up photos.

Comment

Big cat I’d say. Found a few like that around Bracketville years ago and govt trapper said it was cougars.

Comment

I'd have also hung a lock-on in a nearby tree.

With that much of the doe eaten I'm also thing big cat, we'll see.

In for pictures.

Comment

That's a lion, not a bobcat

Comment

In for pics

Comment

Where was this hunt located? What predators do you have in that region? From only what I've read and heard sounds like a bear.

After looking this up I have read up on this topic and bears and Mt. Lions will both cover their kill and come back later to finish it off. Usually they are not far from the carcass!

I bet bear. Unless you are no where near bear country then Mt Lion
                Last edited by HelmCrusher; 11-25-2017, 03:52 AM. Reason: Spelling, add on

Comment

Not sure about Parker County but know there are or have been Mt Lions in Eastland and Denton Counties, Parker isn't that far off between those for a Big Cat. That much gone is about like several I have seen, Camp Wood, Cisco and Montana. I have seen bobcat do that as well but the amount gone was more like equal to one ham or less.

Guess it could be Bobcat mom with mostly grown kits in tow though.

In for pics

Comment

In for pics

Comment

Tagged for later. This is good stuff!

Comment

I lost a goat one time and we found it like this on the other side of our property in Palo Pinto County. Game Warden came out and confirmed lion behavior...10 years ago.

Comment

Bobcat. Had a friend shoot a doe in late season and had a bobcat eat part of it and cover it like that. The doe fell just off the road out of sight and then they watched a bobcat go into the same trail. When they went to recover the doe they found the same thing as in your pic.

Comment

Wow

Comment

In for the pics!

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              I'd have also hung a lock-on in a nearby tree.
                              I probably would have done the same and then never hunted it because of be too scared. Yep I will admit that openly...

Comment

Man I would be on high alert on the way out of there. A hungry cougar is no joke , I heard one a few years back and that screech was hair raising .

Comment

Working...
                                X