1/4 cup olive oil
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    2 tbsps chopped cilantro
    salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
    lemon wedges for garnish
    cilantro sprigs for garnish
    a generous splash of Tabasco hot sauce

Preparation:

Place shrimp in a pot and pour 1/2 quart boiling water over shrimp until pink and curled. Do not cook.

Remove and cool slightly. Place shrimp into a glass dish and pour in lime or lemon juice, making sure that shrimp is completely covered.

Cover and chill 6 hours, turning once.

Drain juice from shrimp then reserve juice for later use. Return shrimp to glass dish and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, olive oil, oregano, Tabasco, and chopped cilantro then season to taste with salt and pepper.

Add 3/4 cup reserved lemon/lime juice and mix well.

Pour mixture over shrimp, cover dish and return ceviche to refrigerator for about 1 hour to let flavors blend.

Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

Garnish with lemon wedges and cilantro sprigs and serve with stuffed olives.

Sounds awesome CB, will have to try this. I just have such a hard time not butterflying and frying the little boogers or throwing them in a shrimp stew.

Comment

Sounds Good!!!

Comment

I'd eat it!!!

Comment

That sounds really good ! Thanks for the recipe...

Comment

Yeah! I gotta try this!

Comment

I don't understand the first line of your instructions "Place shrimp in a pot and pour 1/2 quart boiling water over shrimp until pink and curled. Do not cook." What do you mean "do not cook?" I thought that if the shrimp turned pink and curled up, they were cooked. Can you enlighten me?

Comment

Originally posted by 45ght View Post
                I don't understand the first line of your instructions "Place shrimp in a pot and pour 1/2 quart boiling water over shrimp until pink and curled. Do not cook." What do you mean "do not cook?" I thought that if the shrimp turned pink and curled up, they were cooked. Can you enlighten me?

By pouring the hot water over them it cooks them just enough. I believe what CB means is that you should not do any more cooking besides pouring the water over them b/c you will overcook them adn they will become rubbery.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                    By pouring the hot water over them it cooks them just enough. I believe what CB means is that you should not do any more cooking besides pouring the water over them b/c you will overcook them adn they will become rubbery.
                    yep , what Josh said

you can place raw shrimp in a bowl , then add hot water to bowl with shrimp so they will slow cook or kinda like poached cooked eggs

the hot water does the slow cooking, don't boil the shrimp

Comment

this recipe sounds really good CB, I'm gonna try it, I can't do the fish ceviche, that just really turns my nose for some reason, but I LOVE shrimp and I think this one would be a good one.

Comment

Working...
                      X