Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2014-2015 Lake Aquila and Whitney hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys need to find something to hunt , gator season starts on Friday over here.

Comment

Sounds fun

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
        Anyone want to go out and look around thursday or fri..morning...on the river..and one area on the lake...I have the boat or boats depending how fast we need to get done..I'm thinking 8-11/12..
        man that sounds like a good time. I need to get out and start trying to pattern deer this year. I am booked this week tho. ill try to catch you next time tho

Comment

Ill be staying at plowman, fri night and sat night. I won't be there til friday afternoon. Im in a camo tracker, feel free to stop and talk, id love to meet some of y'all

Comment

If TG breaks out the table, there will be no hunting the next morning, except hunting the restrooms.

Georgia, I'm usually always hunting out of Plowman as well, every once in a while (if the lake is up) Kimble. Older yeller/gold boat.

I forgot Tommy in my earlier post, hows it going Tommy?

Comment

Originally posted by tmacbow View Post
              I hunted out there on west side of lake and the question is have any of you ran into a old man that sleeps in the back of a small truck even during real cold night with a tarp over he was pretty cool to talk too
              Yes, if he was in a black ford ranger a few years ago. But bought a Chevy with topper last time I saw him and he can't hunt the "W" lake anymore.

Can't wait for season to start. Need to get down there pretty soon and look around myself.

Comment

I'm excited and ready I've checked a few trails and set some salt out. I'm in Houston in class now unfortunately idk if we're going straight to the rig from here or what, but I'm ready to get back and do some more scouting

Comment

This will be my first year hunting down there. I know there are no deer on either lake, so I guess I can just look forward to meeting some of you, and hearing about the good ol' day's before all us new comers messed everything up!

Comment

Head on out there just don't head in at daylight and you should be fine. And if you meet some of these guys just treat them like family cause that's what they are!

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                      This will be my first year hunting down there. I know there are no deer on either lake, so I guess I can just look forward to meeting some of you, and hearing about the good ol' day's before all us new comers messed everything up!
                      there are still some fine deer around both lakes. but you have to work yer butt off for em. it takes lots of time in the field. either that or you just have to get really lucky. and we are all newcomers as far as im concerned. as long you play by the rules (both written and unwritten), I don't care who you are or where you've come from, you're welcome in my book.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! I've always hunted public land; my move to Arlington has put these two COE lakes on my radar. I hope to share in success with all of you, that's why we're here right?

Comment

Most of the people I've met out there have been friendly. I had a guy last year walk through where I was hunting, but you just have to go with the flow. Its public land why get mad about it.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                            Yes, if he was in a black ford ranger a few years ago. But bought a Chevy with topper last time I saw him and he can't hunt the "W" lake anymore.

Can't wait for season to start. Need to get down there pretty soon and look around myself.
                            What that old man do ???

Comment

Any of you guys need a refrigerator my wife doesn't want to haul it to Florida it works and it's clean . Give me a call and then I will pass your number to her only thing is it has to be picked up this Saturday cause the packing is being done on sunday. 81771186997 are my digits hurry up I work long hours.

Comment

Anyone need a refrigerator it's clean and works but it has to be picked up this Saturday cause the packin
                                Is being done on sunday 8177186997 are my digits. I will pass your number off to my wife and she will tell you where to go it's off of 360 in Arlington it's free or give her what you think it's worth we have no time to quibble about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X