Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willlord View Post
    Hey guys, new to Fort Hood hunting. I am thinking about getting out there but have seen some mixed reviews. I prefer to hunt from the ground or spot and stalk. Is it the kind of land that allows for that kinda thing? How pressured is it?
    Very highly pressured. Many experiences of guys walking around and walking on or in front of stand hunters. Has happened to me. You should call the Sportsman Center at 254-532-4552. You will have to go there to get your Area Access pass, Fort Hood hunting permit and you will also need your Hunter Certification card.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
      Very highly pressured. Many experiences of guys walking around and walking on or in front of stand hunters. Has happened to me. You should call the Sportsman Center at 254-532-4552. You will have to go there to get your Area Access pass, Fort Hood hunting permit and you will also need your Hunter Certification card.
      Thanks for the tip. I'll call and see what they recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Willlord View Post
        Thanks for the tip. I'll call and see what they recommend.
        The biggest issue this year has been that the areas are closed for training so much. I have only gotten to hunt once so far. Training takes priority and it will shut the areas down.

Comment

I've been out several times most all deer movement is at night deer aren't coming to corn very well. Only young bucks and few does moving around for me.. my buddy shot a nice 10 though

Comment

I like how the first picture is on opening morning of a giant. That has to be aggravating that pic doesn't have an arrow flying in it.

Comment

Awesome Buck

Comment

Anyone else seeing anything? What areas are good for Archery right now? I am brand new and definitely don't want to step on anyone's toes, just curious of where you guys think might be good to start with bow only. When bow hunting are most of you guys using lock-on tree stands or ground blinds? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Anyone else getting ready for the upcoming season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greenshovel View Post
                    Anyone else getting ready for the upcoming season

Steve,
                    Got 4 spots ready as they are gonna be. Need to shoot the bow. Been busy with family obligations and now school getting ready to start again.

How you doing?

Comment

Doing good, getting ready myself. Looks like it's going to be another busy year with soldiers in the field. Spread your setups throughout the post brother.

Comment

Originally posted by greenshovel View Post
                        Doing good, getting ready myself. Looks like it's going to be another busy year with soldiers in the field. Spread your setups throughout the post brother.

Comment

Y'all fighting the pig war all my set ups are over run.. Should be a good year for some big deer

Comment

Originally posted by Ghillie up View Post
                            Y'all fighting the pig war all my set ups are over run.. Should be a good year for some big deer
                            I have 1 spot that has lots of hogs. It will be an interesting season. Good luck and God bless.

Comment

I took down all my stuff awhile back after some tampering issues. Been talking myself into setting up another spot to arrow some pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                                I took down all my stuff awhile back after some tampering issues. Been talking myself into setting up another spot to arrow some pigs.
                                I set up a spot in a different area this year and I can already tell it is a crowded area. Concerned about what might happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X