Melanistic Deer in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melanistic Deer in Texas

While hunting on a friends property in Luling Texas during the 2016-2017 season I was able to see my first melanistic deer. Apparently there are only eight counties (Caldwell county being one of them) in Texas that have them. So far no one has killed it because he still see's it on his land. Thought I'd share some pictures. I have a video but the file is too large to download.
    Attached Files

very cool

Comment

I have several doe on my place. Been around for 20 years. Never seen a buck which is odd.
      The regular deer always give the two current doe a hard time. Cant figure that out. They sure are pretty.

Comment

saw what looked like two mel does in llano last month. sorry. no pics.

Comment

Ive seen several in the Fentrus/Kingsbury area. Like posted above, never a buck.

Comment

That's Cool.

Comment

My son and I watched a 3.5 year old 8 point melanistic on opening day. We have a doe we see pretty regular.

Comment

Awesome, we have a 3pt melanistic buck on cam between Luling and Lockhart. Hopefully nobody shoots him. Seen some bigger melanistic bucks inside City of Austin and also Dripping Springs. Central Texas has the highest population in the world of melanistic deer.

Comment

Comment

Saw some in Wimberley and also while hunting at a ranch outside of Lockhart. Cool to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X