No announcement yet.

New First Shot - Week 8/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the rubber band stretched between 2 points better, since I don't use an elevated stand/tree stand to hunt from. And no, I'm not climbing up on my roof either.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
      Since we are close to season, how about a rubberband stretched tight between 2 points with an arrow width or a little wider, between the bands. Using your broadhead you must shoot between and cut both sides of the rubberband. This could be a test for accuracy and sharpness. That's what I was going to use in case I happen to win one of these before season opened.
      Al right guy's let's go with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Hey, have any of ya'll happened to notice how many folks have viewed this thread?? Pretty awesome that we have stirred up that much attention! 1200+!

Comment

Just as a suggestion

I like the rubber band idea, and the vitals target.

There will be to many folks who are unable to shoot from elevation, so I suggest we make it optional.

Lets do this:

Get the full size image HERE

1 - Print out this target to scale - It is an 8.5" X 11"

2 - Stretch your rubber band along the black line between the two black dots.

3 - Shoot the target from 12 yards.

4 - Closest to the center red dot in the heart wins.
          Cut one band of the rubber band loop - deduct 1/2" from your distance to the red dot.

5 - Cut both bands of the rubber band loop - deduct 1" from your distance to the red dot.

Comment

I likey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Rick we don't have those targets around my parts, and I already shot it..... LOL waiting for the video to finish up loading. The reason I already shot it, is that the rain stopped and today started the new week.

Lets get this thing posted up to a new thread.
              Last edited by Cottonwood; 08-29-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                Hey, have any of ya'll happened to notice how many folks have viewed this thread?? Pretty awesome that we have stirred up that much attention! 1200+!
                I think most of them are mine

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                  Just as a suggestion

I like the rubber band idea, and the vitals target.

There will be to many folks who are unable to shoot from elevation, so I suggest we make it optional.

Lets do this:

Get the full size image HERE

1 - Print out this target to scale - It is an 8.5" X 11"

2 - Stretch your rubber band along the black line between the two black dots.

3 - Shoot the target from 12 yards.

4 - Closest to the center red dot in the heart wins.
                  Cut one band of the rubber band loop - deduct 1/2" from your distance to the red dot.

5 - Cut both bands of the rubber band loop - deduct 1" from your distance to the red dot.

Comment

Originally Posted by trad"Doc"53
                    Since we are close to season, how about a rubberband stretched tight between 2 points with an arrow width or a little wider, between the bands. Using your broadhead you must shoot between and cut both sides of the rubberband. This could be a test for accuracy and sharpness. That's what I was going to use in case I happen to win one of these before season opened.
                    Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Al right guy's let's go with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    Need I remind you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonwood View Post
                      Need I remind you.....
                      I just watched you vid. cottonwood. Great shot. I can not believe it went through with out cutting the band. Just a 1/4 trist more or less and you would have had it.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        I just watched you vid. cottonwood. Great shot. I can not believe it went through with out cutting the band. Just a 1/4 trist more or less and you would have had it.
                        I had to laugh myself at that one

Comment

I bet you did. did you shoot it again just for the satisfaction of cutting the rubber band?

Comment

I do have a second shot I took after, and yes it cut the rubber band.

I do have this type of target by Champion called X-Ray Targets, but I usually don't use them because they are not life size but could re-shoot this using one of these. I just can not gauranty that it will hold up to rain. It is going to rain here all week, but will be headed out elk hunting early saturday morning.

Last edited by Cottonwood; 08-29-2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Somebody needs to nail it down and start a new thread for First Shot 9/3. I'm getting dizzy trying to keep up with this thread.

Bisch

Comment

Yep.... Flywise start a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X