Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie here, need some advice please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie here, need some advice please.....

I went to a local bow shop today that had all the goodies here in Waco. When I told them I wanted to be fitted for a bow this chick proceeded to tell me they really didn't do that there. Are you kidding me?! A bow store that doesn't do fittings? She told me that they are all adjustable except for the Mathews. Well go figure!!!! That's what I want to buy...... This store just kind of rubbed me the wrong way so I left.

This last weekend I went on a Kansas white tail hunt with my brother and a few of his buddies. It didn't take me long to figure out that I wanted to buy my own bow, so I could partake in all of the fun that they did. I'm completely new to bow hunting and would like to know if there is any bow shop around the Waco area that I could trust to do a proper fitment for me. I am looking to purchase a Mathews bow and just want to make sure that I get the right one for me. Once the fitment is done I hope to pick up a used Mathews from a forum member here.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for the input and help....

Do you mind telling us the name of the shop for future reference??

Comment

You are going about it the right way! Proper fitment is crucial! Good luck with your search !

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Do you mind telling us the name of the shop for future reference??
        The Out House was where I went. I was totally disappointed.......

Comment

The name is fitting!!!

Comment

Its a little bit of a drive for you, but you could check out Nocked & loaded in Lampasas. Its on 2nd street about 2-3 blocks East of 281. Good luck and proper fit is crucial.

Another point is shoot several different bow to see which one fits you best.

Comment

Originally posted by Gut2bbowhunting View Post
              The Out House was where I went. I was totally disappointed.......
              Thanks and you should have been disappointed. Don't let it discourage you though!!!

Anyone have another shop they can recommend??

Comment

Originally posted by Texbow94 View Post
                Its a little bit of a drive for you, but you could check out Nocked & loaded in Lampasas. Its on 2nd street about 2-3 blocks East of 281. Good luck and proper fit is crucial.

Another point is shoot several different bow to see which one fits you best.
                About how far is that from Waco?

Comment

There is a new shop in Waco (can not remember the name) about 10 to 15 blocks south of where you were on 84 go see him,he will treat you right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gut2bbowhunting View Post
                    Oh, that's over past Ft Hood. Trying to find somewhere a little closer than that. Thanks for the help though.....

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                      There is a new shop in Waco (can not remember the name) about 10 to 15 blocks south of where you were on 84 go see him,he will treat you right.
                      Can you get me a little closer than that?

Comment

I called reinforcements

Comment

About 90 miles.

He has done work on my bow and he (Aaron) is great. I also bought my son's bow from him and my next bow will probably be from him, unless I find one on the tbh classifieds.

Comment

I searched it here and found the name. It is Custom Archery Works About 6900 Woodway Drive. That is the north bound frontage close to the intersection of Jewell Dr.

That is several blocks south of Hwy 6. It is in a off white colored strip center
                            Last edited by pyrobow; 11-16-2009, 03:20 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy-TX View Post
                              I called reinforcements

PM sent to the young fellow...

Comment

Working...
                              X