Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I’m traveling and see this I’m grabbing my rifle and going to work

Comment

A lot to think about there but like said above if I left and stayed out of the way and I found out that officer died it would be hard to let that go.

In all honesty if I was armed and by myself I may have backed up but blocked the road and readied myself so that if the officer was hit and was in real danger I could help but at least keep it from being an easy escape and gather as much info as possible. Basically backup until the real backup arrives or the officer succeeds in stopping the threat.

I def couldn’t have completely left the scene.

Now does anyone one know if the second vehicle behind the officers crusader was law enforcement or a Good Samaritan?

Comment

Hard to say. Sitting behind my desk I would like to say I would either pull out my pistol and shoot the guy or pin him between the door with my truck. On the other hand I **** sure wouldn't want to be in the policeman's line of fire and cause him to have to stop shooting because of where I was.

In reality, knowing what it's like to be shot at by a stranger, I would have probably backed up and assessed the situation and tried to determine what I could do to help the officers.

I do believe once he started driving off, it would have been a demo derby, he was probably out of bullets and would have been a little more unsuspecting what was getting ready to happen.

Can't say for 100% certainty

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang that's scary!

Comment

Hard to say what you would do till your actually there. It's sad that in todays society you would probably be sued for helping. I'd also be interested in what the LEO members have to say.

Found a better video and the guy was an illegal.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-traffic-stop/

Comment

I have 2 vehicles that I drive weekly. I have a 14” suppressed AR and a plate carrier (with plates) with a 120 round load out in the back seat of both vehicles. They never come out. This video is just simply one of the many reasons I carry this stuff in both vehicles.
              As stated above, most don’t know what they’d do until they actually got in the moment. I know exactly what I’d do.

Comment

A lot of people posting on here that have never been shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                  Remember the the ''Deer Hunter'' on I10?
                  Ok so what is the real story here? Is this the one where the hunter witnessed the officer get shot and then laid the the suspect out with his rifle from across the highway?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    A lot of people posting on here that have never been shot at.

That's why I said I would like to be 70 yards back in my post... Maybe I should have added behind my truck too..

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                      Ok so what is the real story here? Is this the one where the hunter witnessed the officer get shot and then laid the the suspect out with his rifle from across the highway?
                      Yeah that's the one. Shot him 5 times with a .243 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        That's why I said I would like to be 70 yards back in my post... Maybe I should have added behind my truck too..
                        Smart I think you could hit him at a hundred with your truck for a rest

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          Smart I think you could hit him at a hundred with your truck for a rest

Not sure my old *** could see what was going on that far away though..

Comment

Almost unbelievable that only the bad guy came away from that bleeding. Seems there would be a few holes in the LEO from all that lead flying. Wow!

Comment

It would be kinda hard to jump in without really knowing what is going on. It's kind of hard to say what I would actually do if I came around a corner into this situation.

Comment

The citizen in the first altercation should have rammed into the driver door of the shooter's vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X