No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on my lease for 30 years and this year I have seen 4 bucks that would make my top ten biggest I've ever seen. Missed one a couple weeks ago and had all of them inside my range with this recurve a couple times each. Just no clear shots just yet. Hoping this weekend pays off.

Comment

Last weekend around Wimberley.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        The deer I let walk last year. Been hunting him hard. It went down yesterday at 6 pm. 4 miles east of San Saba.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Nice buck Billy!

Comment

Headed back up n the morning.. Spy cams have showed very little activity.. Got my first bow buck on opening day but looking unlikely I see a bigger one.. hoping all this chasing will bring a surprise my way.. Im in Cherry Springs
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xtrm-hunter View Post
            Headed back up n the morning.. Spy cams have showed very little activity.. Got my first bow buck on opening day but looking unlikely I see a bigger one.. hoping all this chasing will bring a surprise my way.. Im in Cherry Springs

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Guys!

Comment

Bucks in McCulloch county are chasing pretty hard this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by xtrm-hunter View Post
                  Nice, we are only a few miles from Cherry Springs. Headed out in a couple of hours. Going to chase this guy I think:

star trek 2 plot

Comment

Sat tonight. Had 10+ does come out right away and a couple of young bucks. At least a couple of the does were hot. As soon as they walked up to feeder, the young bucks dropped their noses and started trying.

Had a 3 or 4 year old 8 come out pretty late. Fat body, good spread (16ish), but very weak g2s and pencil horned. He was the best I saw. Had another pretty good 8 missing his entire left beam. Think the big boys are back in the bedding areas making little ones. Chasing wasn’t too intense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s been a really slow season for us. I’ve seen a lot of decent bucks, but the drought has definitely taken its toll on quality. I’m hoping this wet fall translates to a wet winter and spring, which will mean a great year next year.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                        It’s been a really slow season for us. I’ve seen a lot of decent bucks, but the drought has definitely taken its toll on quality. I’m hoping this wet fall translates to a wet winter and spring, which will mean a great year next year.
                        Slow for us in Blanco County too. Been better lately but overall slow. The drought definitely took its toll on our top end deer even with endless protein and cottonseed. We are seeing about 6-7 inches off base frame score than normal, beams a little shorter and less mass than usual when comparing our best deer this year to years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          The deer I let walk last year. Been hunting him hard. It went down yesterday at 6 pm. 4 miles east of San Saba.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Oh wow! Congrats!! I was hoping you'd get him. Helluva buck!

Comment

I made a separate post when I took him, but want to be on the board in this thread...Llano/Gillespie County Line. Biggest buck off the property to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am pretty close to Cherry Spring as well. Was out there over Thanksgiving, didnt really hunt much but did see bucks chasing does. Had a tank dug this year and was glad to see it full, even had a few groups of ducks on it and what I am petty sure was a nutria swimming in it. Lots of hogs too.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice guys. I am still seeing a ton of deer, just not the right one yet. We have gotten all the kids deer except one so far so that has taken some time. Anyway, will be back at it around New Years timeframe.

Comment

Working...
                                X