Best Steel shot shell for ducks, geese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
    I dont know a single person that uses 2 3/4 inch shells for waterfowl. I could kill them with it without a doubt, but I dont think I've seen anyone shoot 2 3/4 steel shells.

That being said, I'm a fan of Hevi Shot, Kent Fasteel, and Rio. All I shoot is 3" #4, all the way from teal to cranes. They all kill them dead, more importantly you need to see what your gun likes to cycle and pattern.

I've been shooting Rio lately cause it's the cheapest, buying 2 cases at a time from Roger's it comes to $9/box
    We killed a crap ton of cranes last weekend shooting 2 3/4" #2's(lead). I don't understand those folks stating they shoot full choke with steel shot?

Comment

Federal black cloud is what I like most but that’s just me

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        We killed a crap ton of cranes last weekend shooting 2 3/4" #2's(lead). I don't understand those folks stating they shoot full choke with steel shot?
        I dont either. Makes no sense.

I wish I shot cranes enough to remember I can just shoot lead

Comment

Going after cranes this weekend but we must shoot steel because we always decoy in a few geese and non-toxic is required for them.

Comment

Shoot 3.5 inch 2's and BB's

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
              Rio BlueSteel 3” 2’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This, but I use #3’s. And like somebody posted, buy 2 cases and get them from Roger’s for $9 a box.

Comment

3” #2,#3,#4 will all work fine on ducks. Kent’s, Rios or Fiocchi work fine.

Comment

WW highbrass 12ga. 2 3/4 #1 Steel for pass shooting.
                  WW highbrass 12ga. 2 3/4 #6 Steel for decoying.

Comment

Best Steel shot shell for ducks, geese

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Lead and steel are two totally different patterns and killing powers. Lead is way more deadly than steel shot.

Here’s the deal guys I hunted waterfowl for a living for 10 years shot every brand you can think of and usually shot around 8-10 cases of shells a season. IMO you can’t best Rios for the money. Now I do like black clouds but they are 21 to 28 bucks a box vs 9 bucks with the Rios.

Comment

3.5 BBs for ducks and geese. Indescriminate killer. Kills all flavors

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                        Lead and steel are two totally different patterns and killing powers. Lead is way more deadly than steel shot.

Here’s the deal guys I hunted waterfowl for a living for 10 years shot every brand you can think of and usually shot around 8-10 cases of shells a season. IMO you can’t best Rios for the money. Now I do like black clouds but they are 21 to 28 bucks a box vs 9 bucks with the Rios.

Yessir.

I was just talking about 2 3/4" vs 3". You did it for a living so I'm not doubting you. You can either shoot or you can't

Comment

Like the guy that posted above me, 3.5" BB's for ducks........

Comment

The cheapest shells you can buy. 2 3/4 #4 of any brand kills them dead when they are in range and the shooter is competent.

Kent, Rio, Remington sportsman all work just fine.

Comment

3 in #3 hevi shot, hevi metals. Done done and doner

Comment

BB and #2 shot. You guys must really hate them. I never shoot more than #3 and typically will buy #4 and #5 for ducks. You get a lot more pellets in your pattern.
                                As far as brand, I like Kent Fast Steel and Rios.

Comment

Working...
                                X