Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse to eat feral hog...change my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is dang fine eating and way better than store bought. I’ve eaten them from 200 pounds on down and never had on taste bad or gamey.

Don’t get much better than this.

Comment

They are just pork that is running around. It’s the same species. Their diets are cleaner than they would be in captivity in my opinion. They are just leaner that is the only difference. They literally use them often for bbq competition. I prefer it.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Table fair is good to excellent but ever since those boys from Killeen got rabbit fever from cleaning one it's shoot and let lay for me. Talk to any Doc well versed in animal to human transmissible diseases and you would not believe the amount of bad stuff feral swine can carry, they are like the perfect incubator.

If you field dress one you had d@mn we'll be wearing gloves.
        Like what? I was under the impression if you cook pork to the required 160 degree temp you’ll be fine

Comment

You haven't ever really eaten bacon until you have eaten bacon off a wild barr hog.....best tasting critter in the woods!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ill just say this, best chicken fried backstrap youre gonna eat. But theyve got so many ticks and fleas i dont clean many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I eat a few every year. But I feed most of them to the buzzards.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post

Don’t get much better than this.
                Dang that looks tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Might get your nails dirty skinning one. Better not.

Comment

Good reasons to eat feral pigs rather than store bought pork.

Swine Feed Additives

There are many classes of feed additives, including: antibiotics and antimicrobials, anthelmintics (de-wormers), direct-fed microbials (probiotics), prebiotics, pellet binders, flavors, enzymes, growth and feed efficiency enhancers, supplemental nutrients, mold inhibitors and preservatives, and a beta-adrenergic agonist (ractopamine).

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      I refuse to eat Brussel sprouts. Nobody seems to care.

Right there with ya ........ those things are nasty

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                        I would rather eat wild hog meat , than whitetail deer, you are missing out.
                        X5. Hogs eat muuuch better than deer!

Comment

Bloodtrail, I agree with you. When I put one down I cut them open and the other hogs will have him ate up by morning. I actually quit eating pork after taking up hog hunting.

I personally quit eating most animals that contain prions when I discovered while working at Camp Stanley Texas that the protein mutation was created for biological warfare back in the sixties. I eat fish and poultry only. “They” intend to kill us all.

I won’t try to convince you to eat them.

Comment

Feral hogs make excellent table fare,smoked a ham last week

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              Feral hogs are quite possibly the nastiest animal I have ever come in contact with. Granted, pets will eat their own feces...but I ain’t eating a pet or a hog. Cows are nasty, but they don’t eat other dead animals, they eat grass. Maybe i hate hog because of their diets. Can someone convince me to eat a hog? I kill them all the time, but I leave em for the yotes and other hogs. When I leave one, seems the vultures eat the entire hog in a couple of days.

Is wild hog as disgusting as I think it is? Is it just me?
                              do you eat chicken? they are just as nasty as a hog, and will eat there own,,,,, wild hog is some of the bets tasting meat you will ever get,, as long as it is not a big old boar,, then feed the scavengers

Comment

If you eat chicken you eat an extremely nasty bird.

Comment

Working...
                                X