Need help with my CBE tek hybrid pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my CBE tek hybrid pro

Ok I'll try to keep this as short as possible.
    Mathews No Cam HTX
    27.5" draw length
    70 lb draw weight
    28.25" FMJ 340's total 475 grains
    CBE Tek Hybrid Pro single pin mover
    Shooting 266 ft per sec

My problem is I have run out of sight tape options on my sight. When I first sighted in I used the # 12 tape but after shooting a while I realized the yardage marks were not quite right, for example I'm dead on at 20. I have to set the sight to the 27 yard mark to hit at 25 yards. At 30 yards I have to set the sight to the 34 yard mark and so on. So I started over and set up and marked the blank tape at 30 yards and 60 yards and used the gauge to try and find the correct tape. Well even at tape # 15 the marks still don't line up. It a lot closer than it used to be but still not quite right. Hope all of this makes sense. Any suggestions?? I don't really want to go with a lighter arrow. This is my hunting set up so the heavier the better.

How did you set peep height?

Comment

Why not just put marks on a blank tape and use it that way? I do pencil first and get it dialed in then mark with a thin sharpie. The other option is to have someone print a tape off archers advantage or order a set of tapes from somebody like Lancaster archery and see if there is one that matches.

Comment

You should be able to get a tape from archers advantage.

Comment

did you do the whole "20 and 60yd" marks? this is how you are supposed to set these type of tapes. I typically do 20 and 50 yds and get pretty close that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
            did you do the whole "20 and 60yd" marks? this is how you are supposed to set these type of tapes. I typically do 20 and 50 yds and get pretty close that way.
            It's 30 and 60 on CBE and he said he did that.

Comment

First, when I sight a single pin in at twenty yards, I put the indicator as low or high as I can, depending on which way the sight moves. Basically I want the most travel that I can get out of the sight. I move the housing to sight in my twenty, then mark it on the tape and move back.

I usually either use a blank tape or an old tape for setting the scale. Then I will find the tape that matches those yardages exactly. If I use a blank tape, I use a fine tip ball point pen to make a small line or dot at my 20 and 60. Then I line up the sight tapes next to those marks and find the one that matches. I will shoot for a while to make sure those marks are right. sometimes it takes two or three tapes to get it as dead on as I want. If I am using an old tape, I write down where my twenty and 60 yard marks line up on the old tape. For example say I was dead on at twenty yards when the indicator was on 23, and at sixty yards when the indicator was on 68. Then I find a tape that lines up to those marks. with the 20 being on 23 and the 60 being on 68. I like this method better because I can set it exactly where the thin printed lines were. Hope this helps.

Comment

Bryan at On Target archery in Canton has made several tapes for my CBE. He is a TBH sponsor. Give him a call. I bet if he had all your info he could do the same for you.

Comment

i use pinwheel

if you have all the specs I can run you a tape

Comment

I didn't abandon my thread I swear! Work gets in the way sometimes.
                    Thanks for the responses. I just looked online at the archers advantage. Looks interesting.
                    Might go this route if I don't do what Doc suggested and just pencil one in.
                    Txdukklr I may end up taking you up on your offer. If I don't get something figured out ill shoot you a PM and work something out with you.
                    I just want to be able to dial in a specific yardage and shoot. I shoot in an indoor hunting league and started shooting 3D and random yardages are pretty common. Plus, it's fun to tweak on the bow every now and then!

Comment

I see this pretty often actually, where the shooter's equipment falls in between the factory tapes. There's really no substitute for a well made tape by a ballistic program.

It could be something you are doing, like not having a consistent anchor. Remember, ballistic programs assume a consistent anchor even though in reality we have to move the anchor for different marks. Given this, it would be impossible for a "factory tape" to be perfect every time.

The best way to combat this is to set your anchor at your midway mark; say 30 yards if you will be shooting no more than 60 yards on a regular basis. This will mean you need to adjust your anchor as little as possible for shorter and longer shots.

Doing this will sometimes allow the a shooter to be able to use a factory tape.

I use TAP Pro and it let's you do several things to get the tape correct; one of the most accurate I have used is the double speed method. Get arrow speed at point blank range and then at 30 yards, enter pin to peep and peep to arrow and you have a very accurate tape.

Sounds like you have plenty of offers for help, but if you need mine just PM me.

Comment

Working...
                      X