St Augustine Iron Deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Augustine Iron Deficiency?

I’ve been battling these yellowing patches for 2 years (as long as I’ve lived here). The grass itself is healthy, grows along with the rest of the yard, it’s just yellow. Not all the yard is this way. Would you say this is a sign of iron deficiency?

Adding iron is about the only thing I haven’t tried. Any experience with Ironite? Any other options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grubs. Been pretty rough this year

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
      Grubs. Been pretty rough this year
      I figured if it was grubs, the grass would’ve been gone by now. And my backyard is the same which is treated regularly with insecticides to battle the fleas and other pests.

Comment

Your grass looks thin at those spots. How about a thin layer of compost over the areas? Say about a half inch. It will at least add some nutrients to the area. Just buy a couple bags of the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          I figured if it was grubs, the grass would’ve been gone by now. And my backyard is the same which is treated regularly with insecticides to battle the fleas and other pests.
          $50 bill says its grubs. insecticides for fleas dont treat grubs. Its grubs, try something thats just meant for them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            Your grass looks thin at those spots. How about a thin layer of compost over the areas? Say about a half inch. It will at least add some nutrients to the area. Just buy a couple bags of the good stuff.
            Thanks, may try that

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
            $50 bill says its grubs. insecticides for fleas dont treat grubs. Its grubs, try something thats just meant for them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
            Any recommendations?

Comment

Dylox

Comment

Soil test?

Comment

Seems weird it would be iron deficient in just a few spots. It's struggling for a reason. Probably bugs or fungal

Comment

I bet it is grubs as well. Bayer has a hose-end application that works well. My parents use beneficial nematodes and have great success.

Comment

It’s chlorosis. Topdress with beach sand from Destin and you’ll be in good shape.

Ironite hose end sprayer.

Comment

Iron Deficiency is your problem

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                          It’s chlorosis. Topdress with beach sand from Destin and you’ll be in good shape.

Ironite hose end sprayer.
                          Ha! Guys got jokes!!

Comment

Grubs usually don’t effect until later in the summer.

Comment

Soil tests are cheap. Get it tested and then apply the proper fertilizer. Insecticide couldn't hurt just in case. Be sure to water it in good or it won't get to the grubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X