• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer are some tough critters.

Comment

dang.. at least you found him

Comment

They're tough animals man. Glad you found him. Happens to all of us!

Comment

This happened to me Saturday evening. Right before sundown a nice buck came to my feeder. I hit him broadside in chest - almost precisely where you hit yours. The bolt went into him about 5-inches deep. I climbed down and went to the house. Cooled off, drank some water, dropped gear, grabbed dog and headed off about an hour later. We found a little blood. Dog jumped on his scent for about 100 yards through brush. Trail showed he ran into brush, and then out of brush, jumped a fence...and then nothing. Dog lost trail on other side of fence. However, we found a couple blood drops about 50 yards later. Dog got on trail but indicated deer jumped other fence. Couldnt find any more scent or blood. Went back out in the morning - nothing new. ****
          Last edited by More Liberty; 10-02-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
            This happened to me Friday evening. Right before sundown a nice buck came to my feeder. I hit him broadside in chest - almost precisely where you hit yours. The bolt went into him about 5-inches deep. I climbed down and went to the house. Cooled off, drank some water, dropped gear, grabbed dog and headed off about an hour later. We found a little blood. Dog jumped on his scent for about 100 yards through brush. Trail showed he ran into brush, and then out of brush, jumped a fence...and then nothing. Dog lost trail on other side of fence. However, we found a couple blood drops about 50 yards later. Dog got on trail but indicated deer jumped other fence. Couldnt find any more scent or blood. Went back out in the morning - nothing new. ****
            Friday? I thought the season started Saturday..Sorry for your loss

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              Friday? I thought the season started Saturday..Sorry for your loss
              Sorry it was Saturday night - my Firday since I worked Saturday morning.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the end result. It happens.

Comment

Well, I think you did everything right....sometimes things happen but at least you did your due diligence in searching for him.

Comment

Did you find him?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the coyotes got 2 of his points! Nice buck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          Looks like the coyotes got 2 of his points! Nice buck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Haha. Yeah like I said he was more of a cull type deer

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on finding him.

Have to admit , i laughed quite a bit at the 'launch arrows' instead of taking pics, even more at the "you owe it to that animal" in reference to the pin-cushion theory of animal recovery.... and then really loud at the "how many animals you kill or see killed" remark to to Smart....
                              Good ****... seriously... where do these new guys come from?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Congrats on finding him.

Have to admit , i laughed quite a bit at the 'launch arrows' instead of taking pics, even more at the "you owe it to that animal" in reference to the pin-cushion theory of animal recovery.... and then really loud at the "how many animals you kill or see killed" remark to to Smart....

Good ****... seriously... where do these new guys come from?

Lol, I was laughing as well. I’d be willing to put my money on the table that he can’t shoot a group at 50 yards!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X