Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need New AC for Home

I am in the hunt for a new AC.

confused:Who on the screen or in the Spring, Woodlands area would you recommend.

What is the best unit on the market today?

AC

Williams Air and Heat 281-723-4923 Jared Williams. They just installed an Trane XR17 and Trane XV80 furnace in my house last year! great pricing and great work!

Comment

American Standard

Comment

Always had good luck with Abacus. They cost more, more you know you're getting quality.

Comment

I am in the HVAC business in Dallas but when my parents needed there system replaced in Houston they used Air Care Southeast (713)-488-7667, they did a really good job and the pricing was in the ball park.

Comment

I'm by no means an expert, but I replaced both my outside units and inside units a couple months ago. From the research and questions I asked, I found out that the components on the inside of most units (doesn't matter which brand) are all made by 1 or 2 companies. So brand name doesn't mean much. It is what company is going to give you the best service during and after the sell.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it.

Comment

biggest problem we see is bad installs, if there are any type of air restrictions or short on return / supply air it will basically cause the unit to work harder.

Comment

I believe this is what happened to my house. The system is not balanced. One room is colder than the other ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                    I'm by no means an expert, but I replaced both my outside units and inside units a couple months ago. From the research and questions I asked, I found out that the components on the inside of most units (doesn't matter which brand) are all made by 1 or 2 companies. So brand name doesn't mean much. It is what company is going to give you the best service during and after the sell.
                    So who makes them? Just curious

Comment

Used Morrow Mechanical a few years ago for our new AC. I don’t think they were the cheapest but excellent service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Trane's suck

I've had bad luck with my Trane Unit. Had my complete system replaced in 2010. I'm on my 5th. coil.

Two coils failed (leaked) within 2 months. I could have almost bought a new unit with what I've spent on repairs.

If you buy a Trane, be sure and purchase the extended labor and parts warranty from your installer.

Comment

Just make sure that nobody tries to sell you a "good deal" R22 unit. R22 is being phased out, and the refrigerant is expensive. I have been seeing a lot of pull-out R22 units for stupid cheap prices just waiting on the un-informed people to buy.

Comment

I design/sell residential HVAC for a living, but not in your area.
                            Things to look for:

Company does manual j load calculation to properly size system
                            Company ensures supply/return duct capacity are sized by ACCA standards.
                            Filtration system is designed to handle airflow of the system. We often see restrictive filters. I like ones made by IQ air or Aprilaire.
                            10 year parts and labor warranty or longer. Parts only warranties are worthless.
                            A company that employs NATE certified installers and techs.

A properly sized, properly installed system is way more important than anything, including brand and cheap price.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                              So who makes them? Just curious
                              Copeland makes compressors for most brands
                              GE makes motors for most brands
                              Honeywell makes controls in lots of brands

Comment

Working...
                              X