Under $5 Stocks To Buy? Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under $5 Stocks To Buy? Advice?

I have opened an AmeriTrade account with a couple grand to do a little bit of trading. I spend that much on a weekend in Coushatta. Therefore I thought I would start watching the market daily and some online reports.

I have yet to purchase any stocks yet. I have been looking in to several penny cannabis stocks and some other options.

I am open to any stocks that are looking like a hot commodity for 2018 and are currently under $5 a share.

This is more an experimentation gamble.

Any insight and tips welcome!

I just bought some shares in Novavax (NVAX) this morning at $1.64. They work on flu vaccines, and received a $89mil grant from Bill Gates foundation and granted a fast track from the FDA.

Bezinga just raised their target price rating from $2.25 to $10.00

Comment

You need to narrow down what type of trading you want to do. Day trade, swing trade, long term trade, medium? Buy and hold for a target price..

Penny stock gambling in hot sectors, real investing in real companies, which sectors?

A million questions.......

And if you buy something because someone posts it you need to know WHY you hold it and WHEN to sell it.

If looking at pot stocks how risky do you want to go? SIGO and TRPX may be good ones.

MICT may be a long term hold at 1.18 20 mil backlog in orders and it's trading at cash value.

Comment

I tried on some stock in a lithium mining company. Seems that should become a big deal someday, shouldn't it?

Comment

Sprint (S) is trading at 5.64 right now, and could be a stock you could possibly look at to short. I subscribe to several investing publications, and read a lot of research on it, before I jumped in and shorted it when it was trading at $8.31 back in July.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
            I just bought some shares in Novavax (NVAX) this morning at $1.64. They work on flu vaccines, and received a $89mil grant from Bill Gates foundation and granted a fast track from the FDA.

Bezinga just raised their target price rating from $2.25 to $10.00
            The grant was issued in 2015. Great gesture from Gates. The goal is for the company to have affordable medication. At $1.64.....$1.66 a few minutes ago, this could be one of those stocks to put a few funds in. If they can complete thier Level 3 trials this Stock more than likely goes up. I never go overboard because I have been burned before. Part of the game of course. For those that can watch the stock market all day long I applaud you. My job does not allow for that though.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
              The grant was issued in 2015. Great gesture from Gates. The goal is for the company to have affordable medication. At $1.64.....$1.66 a few minutes ago, this could be one of those stocks to put a few funds in. If they can complete thier Level 3 trials this Stock more than likely goes up. I never go overboard because I have been burned before. Part of the game of course. For those that can watch the stock market all day long I applaud you. My job does not allow for that though.

Yeah I like this stock. Pretty volatile, but man it’s potentially great. Think it went up 59% one day last week.

Comment

I own some Nokia (NOK), it's at $4.97 per share.

Comment

Bought some of those cheap stocks back in the 90's and retired now but nothing to do with buying cheap stocks. They are worthless and not work the paper they are written one. Just my opinion invest in already established stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Bought some of those cheap stocks back in the 90's and retired now but nothing to do with buying cheap stocks. They are worthless and not work the paper they are written one. Just my opinion invest in already established stocks.
                    I'm glad I purchased NFLX when it was not established and worthless.

However, I have bought plenty of the stock you described.

Comment

I'm curious as to why you are looking at stocks for under $5/share? You can't compare a stock to see which one is expensive vs the next by saying well this one trades for $7/share and this one trades for $4/share, the $7/share must be more expensive. Stocks aren't priced that way to be able to compare them apples to apples. They price off a multiples of future earnings. You can have a $1,000 stock that is technically "cheaper" than a $5 stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        I'm curious as to why you are looking at stocks for under $5/share? You can't compare a stock to see which one is expensive vs the next by saying well this one trades for $7/share and this one trades for $4/share, the $7/share must be more expensive. Stocks aren't priced that way to be able to compare them apples to apples. They price off a multiples of future earnings. You can have a $1,000 stock that is technically "cheaper" than a $5 stock.
                        I understand somewhat of what you're saying.

I guess I would love to learn more about short term - day trading type of operations.

Anyone have input or outlets for beginner type of information?

Comment

What makes a $5 stock better than a $55, $555 or $5,555 stock?

Comment

Comment

First thing is ditch Ameritrade and those fees and download the Robinhood app on your phone. You will save lots of money in fees as their trades are 100% FREE.

Comment

Working...
                              X