Elite Iron suppressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite Iron suppressors

Anyone had a chance to look at these? Based on their paper their cans are rated lower than most.

Rifle and Pistol Suppressors see our full line of Modular suppressors, Direct thread suppressors, Pistol suppressor, and gas gun suppressors.

Any recommendations for an AR can from the green screen?

Thanks

What type of shooting? When you say AR, I assume you mean AR15 (.223/.556)? Is this for slower fire accuracy and hunting or more rapid fire scenarios?

Comment

For an AR I’d stick with Dead Air, Rugged, SilencerCo, or Energetic. A QD can is preferred for AR usage, and you’ll want easy to find mounts. New guys always think suppression is king, but within a couple years realize they’ll trade a little suppression for a shorter lighter can.

I’ve been doing this for some time, and I’ll tell you what is most important to me in order of importance.

#1 mounting system. I don’t mind a little shift, but it absolutely has to be repeatable. Also, I don’t want something that lcarbon locks easy, and I also don’t want something that lunches easy.

#2 length. I want the can to be handy and maneuverable. Too long is a PITA. Too short and it loses too much volume which hurts its suppression.

#3 weight. I don’t want a brick on the end of my rifle. The can is the furthest point away from you, and therefore has the most leverage. A few ounces doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it can be. Also, heavier cans will be more prone to cause larger impact shift. Especially on lighter barrel contours.

#4 customer service. I want a company that stands behind their product in the event something does happen. Usually the something is stupidity on the user side, but it can be product failure as well. Some companies make their products idiot proof, which is nice.

#5 suppression. I don’t want a loud can, but suppression levels just don’t matter that much IMO. I’ve had access to most every can on the market at one point or another, and have ran many of them side by side. You can notice the difference when you’re shooting them side by side, but it’s negligible when on your own. More volume equals more suppression. Therefore to make a really quite can you’ll either have to increase the length significantly or the width. Both of which add weight. Both weight and length are far more important IMO, so I’ll take the shorter lighter can that is reasonably quiet before the ultra quiet long heavy can.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        For an AR I’d stick with Dead Air, Rugged, SilencerCo, or Energetic. A QD can is preferred for AR usage, and you’ll want easy to find mounts. New guys always think suppression is king, but within a couple years realize they’ll trade a little suppression for a shorter lighter can.

I’ve been doing this for some time, and I’ll tell you what is most important to me in order of importance.

#1 mounting system. I don’t mind a little shift, but it absolutely has to be repeatable. Also, I don’t want something that lcarbon locks easy, and I also don’t want something that lunches easy.

#2 length. I want the can to be handy and maneuverable. Too long is a PITA. Too short and it loses too much volume which hurts its suppression.

#3 weight. I don’t want a brick on the end of my rifle. The can is the furthest point away from you, and therefore has the most leverage. A few ounces doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it can be. Also, heavier cans will be more prone to cause larger impact shift. Especially on lighter barrel contours.

#4 customer service. I want a company that stands behind their product in the event something does happen. Usually the something is stupidity on the user side, but it can be product failure as well. Some companies make their products idiot proof, which is nice.

#5 suppression. I don’t want a loud can, but suppression levels just don’t matter that much IMO. I’ve had access to most every can on the market at one point or another, and have ran many of them side by side. You can notice the difference when you’re shooting them side by side, but it’s negligible when on your own. More volume equals more suppression. Therefore to make a really quite can you’ll either have to increase the length significantly or the width. Both of which add weight. Both weight and length are far more important IMO, so I’ll take the shorter lighter can that is reasonably quiet before the ultra quiet long heavy can.
        Always spot on with your advice!

I like rugged for heavy AR use and Thudnerbeast for precision or light AR use.

Comment

Q trash panda

Comment

I will use my .223 for coyote hunting and some plinking. Great suggestions, thanks for your thoughts

Comment

Working...
            X