Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolbot ??

I might be acquiring a walk in cooler

I was told that the old unit used to work just had some leaks and has not been turned on in a long while, it was a old cooler from a Whataburger.

thinking about just removing the old unit and replacing it with a window unit and a coldbot controller, has anyone used one or know anything about them. looks like it just bypass the low temp sensor. seems like it should work well and will not use as much power as the old cooling system

what yall think??

It'll do it, as long as you don't want to freeze anything, mine keeps an 8x8 converted building 38-40 deg. anytime of year.

Comment

My uncle has on and it works like a champ. I am going to build one at our place now.

Comment

I use one in my smokehouse. It keeps the 6x8 shed low 40s any day of the year. Never tried to go colder than that.

Comment

How big is your cooler?

Comment

Put one in our cooler 12 years ago - a small AC window unit - insulated the cooler - works like a charm and draws almost zero electricity - keeps our deer in the 30s - perfect

Comment

We have one at the lease. Cooler is an 8x10 (I think) and it will cool to 36 degrees and stay there. It's great.

Comment

We have one, works fine

Comment

We use one in conjunction w/window unit (12k btu I think) that keeps the walk-in at 39*.

Comment

We have one and get the cooler to 34-35. Works great.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

coolbot

we built a small cooler, put a coolbot and a/c....will get it down to 34

Comment

I need to add a cooler to my ever expanding project list

Comment

My experience with one was good

Comment

coolbot ??

Bumping this with a question

We just framed a 5.5’x8’x8’ space Inside our barn. Plywood with R10 board should get us R11 on walls and guessing ceiling is at least R20. There is quite a bit of space air space 3’-5’ or so to roof of barn. 10k BTU air conditioner.

Yesterday we put our first deer in it. We flipped it on about 8:30am. Temp outside the cooler in barn was no more than 55°. Hung deer about 10:30am. About 3:30 when we pulled deer out the temp was only reading about 44°-45°. Temp inside barn was 75°

Cool bot was set for 38°.

Question is does this seem normal?

Also do these coolers take more time to cool down? And how much time is that?

Photo before we finished below.

Last edited by KC Huntin; 11-02-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                              Bumping this with a question

We just framed a 5.5’x8’x8’ space Inside our barn. Plywood with R10 board should get us R11 on walls and guessing ceiling is at least R20. There is quite a bit of space air space 3’-5’ or so to roof of barn. 10k BTU air conditioner.

Yesterday we put our first deer in it. We flipped it on about 8:30am. Temp outside the cooler in barn was no more than 55°. Hung deer about 10:30am. About 3:30 when we pulled deer out the temp was only reading about 44°-45°. Temp inside barn was 75°

Cool bot was set for 38°.

Question is does this seem normal”
                              Also do these coolers take more time to cool down? And how much time is that?

Photo before we finished below.

You may need a 12BTU ac unit. LG works best. There are adjustments that can be made. You can call coolbot and they will help you adjust.
                              Coolbot will take longer to get down to desired temp but do work very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X