LBJ Grasslands 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ Grasslands 2015-2016

Anyone been out yet? I went hunting for rabbits a few weeks ago after the rain and came home with some dinner. Anyone start scouting yet? I got on s lease in Arkansas, but still might get out there some during the week.

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
    Anyone been out yet? I went hunting for rabbits a few weeks ago after the rain and came home with some dinner. Anyone start scouting yet? I got on s lease in Arkansas, but still might get out there some during the week.
    I hung a camera a few months ago before the first big rain. I checked it a week later and nothing but everything had grew a lot. Can't imagine it now. Looking forward to this season. Found a couple of spots scouting back in Feb. and Mar. but have not been out recently. With the heat I will probably stay away until the season starts and scout midday. Good luck in Arkansas!

Comment

I am new to public hunting, but i am going to go out several times this year and see what i can see.

Comment

Must be a great place! We got two threads on LBJ 15-16 now .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Must be a great place! We got two threads on LBJ 15-16 now .
          Lol no kidding. Mine must not have been approved haha

Comment

I plan on putting cameras out soon. I found a few spots last season kinda late. Excited for another season out there for sure

Comment

Posted on both LBJ Threads

The LBJ National Grasslands and the Fannin Unit on the Caddo N.G are closed to the public until further notice. The roads are washed out.

Comment

So I am trying to figure out the layout of a few of the areas and the maps are... less then helpful. I was hoping maybe someone had a map that had like an overlay of the areas that are huntable, or maybe just one that will help me be able to determine the area boundaries

I read http://www.fs.usda.gov/texas/ and it looks like its just the roads that are closed and some sections of trails. If I am misinformed please correct me. Last thing I want is to get a ticket or something because of a simple misunderstanding.
                Last edited by Bubbaski06; 07-25-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I talked to the lady that answered the phone,and she said LBJ was OPEN,BUT all of the park roads are still closed until further notice..

Comment

Comment

How is the dove hunting out there and out of respect for y'all pm me and let me know where not to go so I don't ruin your deer honey hole

Comment

Originally posted by artillery View Post
                        How is the dove hunting out there and out of respect for y'all pm me and let me know where not to go so I don't ruin your deer honey hole
                        If there's a deer honey hole, I ain't found it yet . Last dove season I hit up some fields over by Greenville. I didn't attempt to get on any at LBJ, so I can't really help you there. I might try this season though. I might very well be the worst shotgunner in history, but I like firing off some shots

Comment

I went out scouting last weekend and saw a lot of good sign, kicked up a few nice bucks too. Hopefully I can get out there enough to really get set up since this is my first year hunting LBJ.

Comment

This heat just kills me. I haven't been out this year to scout. I got on a lease in Arkansas, which I'm excited about, but it's 4 hours a way, whereas LBJ is about 30 minutes. I'd like to go out a few mornings before I have to go to class maybe, I just can't get motivated. Plus I had two cameras I put out back in March or so stolen, which really hacked me off.

Comment

Has anybody me been out scouting lately? I was just wondering how the roads being washed out is effecting getting around. It's been 6-7 years since I've hunted out there. I'm guessing they still are selling maps at the field office?

Comment

Working...
                              X