hiking into granger.....no boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pflugerville hillbilly View Post
    went sunday to pick up the pig sticks from willis creek,one was 3/4 full the one close to creek was 1/2 full....looked like small game activity,but no hog signs,and yes its getting GREEN fast...paintman how did you get behind camp site?
    when is the next hunt?
    i took my canoe

Comment

Originally posted by El Jeffe View Post
      Hey Hillbilly how far back at willis creek did you go.
      Unless he moved his sticks, they were we left them about 400 yards north of the gate at Willis and then west/northwest from there about another 500 yards.

Thinking about heading there this weekend!!

Maybe an early saturday morning hunt near the 29 bridge!

Comment

we decided to try willis creek today,we came in from the lake and walked the otherside of the river for along ways and we saw nothing,i mean no sign at all,im wondering where there being seen,iu figured we would go where there were no fisherman but ill tell you we saw nothing,went to another spot and saw 5 million deer and 4 hogs

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
          we decided to try willis creek today,we came in from the lake and walked the otherside of the river for along ways and we saw nothing,i mean no sign at all,im wondering where there being seen,iu figured we would go where there were no fisherman but ill tell you we saw nothing,went to another spot and saw 5 million deer and 4 hogs
          Went out with my brother this mourning and saw three. We didn't get a shot but the boar was covered in mud and it was early in the mourning. Im thinkin they are bedding right on the edges of any water source nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            Went out with my brother this mourning and saw three. We didn't get a shot but the boar was covered in mud and it was early in the mourning. Im thinkin they are bedding right on the edges of any water source nearby.
            did you go to willis creek?

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
              did you go to willis creek?

Went below the Dam.

Comment

Hill Billy you can hike in from the South side of the lake (Taylor park???) towards the dam from the primitive campsite, it is about five miles on the winding trail. Don't have my maps and am relying on memory. What were we talking about?

Comment

I'd like to get at least one more hunt from my permit this year. I'd hike in light and probably throw up a tarp with a blamket and pad to sleep on. Take a water filter pump so I don't have to haul in drinking water. There area a couple springs near the tank and South. By now in should be very green. Probably take some nasty black corn as a draw and hunt a tree stand in the shade.

Comment

Working...
                  X