No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pic of a kid at my stand but dad knew what was what cuz he tried to hide behind a small tree. Obviously not hunters cuz they were there for 10 min. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Brush in OK

First time I've brushed in a blind usually i tree stand hunt (climber)

Is this OK or should i add more barbs limbs in front?

Seems like lots of does where i am:

Last edited by Falling; 09-18-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
        Or if we are scouting an area to hang a new stand and see a shooter. Can we poke it with a sharp stick? Or do I have to send in cords and wait for an email back.

Cause the deer may not be there later.
        Don't stalk. Otherwise why in the world would we need to give coordinates? Too many folks out there, while you will most likely not kill anything doing that, you will definitely ruin someone else's hunt.

Comment

Yea. Probably true.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
            Don't stalk. Otherwise why in the world would we need to give coordinates? Too many folks out there, while you will most likely not kill anything doing that, you will definitely ruin someone else's hunt.
            Absolutely correct. Even though it is public land, there are still restrictions and I think this is one of them for the deer hunters this year. Up to two years ago the deer hunting was a little less restrictive, you didn't have to turn in coordinates and you could stalk. I think there were too many encounters, people setting up multiple stands, etc and that is why they changed to the current system.

Comment

yep...it is a "work in progress" so I'm sure if you elect to hunt here in the future, things will continue to change. hey, at least it seems the COE is paying attention to some of the feedback and trying to make things better/safer.

Comment

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post
                yep...it is a "work in progress" so I'm sure if you elect to hunt here in the future, things will continue to change. hey, at least it seems the COE is paying attention to some of the feedback and trying to make things better/safer.
                Seems like a cool place to hunt so far to me.

Comment

Behold the Lake Georgetown Mega-Bucks!!!

Got lots of doe and fawns on camera. But these are by far the cream of the crop!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think I've seen those deers around my set up.

Comment

I noticed the times on those pics...that is what I'm seeing also - moving WAY after dark!! I've not caught much during daylight hours.

Comment

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post
                        I noticed the times on those pics...that is what I'm seeing also - moving WAY after dark!! I've not caught much during daylight hours.
                        got like 3 does coming around daylight at my spot. Not one buck has appeared yet though.

The big bucks I've seen out there seem to always appear right at sunset.

I've seen 2 massive body bucks, right at start of 6b (where you park) twice now. Nice looking horns too.

Someone close to the start of 6b might just be in luck this year if they don't get scared off.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                          got like 3 does coming around daylight at my spot. Not one buck has appeared yet though.

The big bucks I've seen out there seem to always appear right at sunset.

I've seen 2 massive body bucks, right at start of 6b (where you park) twice now. Nice looking horns too.

Someone close to the start of 6b might just be in luck this year if they don't get scared off.

Has we gotten info. on how many buck tags we are getting?

Comment

Was wondering, how many wear hunter orange getting to their stand and then remove once in their stand?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Was wondering, how many wear hunter orange getting to their stand and then remove once in their stand?
                              I am going to.

I brushed in my blind a little more.
                              Still only does coming round my cords.

Comment

Has anyone experienced vandalism to hunting gear at Lake Georgetown? This is my first time deer hunting on public land/Lake Georgetown. Went out today to put out corn and someone had cut the bottom1-2ft off of my tent blind. I'll patch it up, but glad I never put out a feeder or game cam-I'm sure they would have been damaged as well. I'll go out daily now to check it out, so I'm sure to still have a blind on Saturday morning

Comment

Working...
                                X