Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Correct spine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct spine?

Greetings all,

I'm still getting used to my elite hunter and just ordered some new arrows based off the easton arrow selection guide. I ordered some easton hexx .400 at 26". I have my bow set at approximately 67-68lb and 28.5" draw length. Even when I looked a few blocks down on the selection chart it seemed like I would have plenty of leeway, but based on many threads here it seems like I may be under spined. The arrows won't be here till tomorrow, but I was wondering what some of the green screen gurus might have to say about it. I'm shooting 100gr Magnus Stingers.

Just out of curiosity are they going to be long enough to clear your arrow rest with a 28.5" draw?

Comment

Yep, I'm running a QAD HDX ant they'll have 1" clearance from the end of the shaft. I had my wife measure my old arrows when I was at full draw.

Comment

Seems to me that your spine should be just fine especially if they are cut that short. Can't remember off the top of my head but those spine stiffness charts are based off a industry standard length that is much longer that 26".

Comment

I bet they are ok since they are so short.

Comment

All carbon arrows are rated at 28in

Comment

Order custom arrows from Jerry at Southshore Archery. He builds GREAT arrows and can help you figure out exactly what spine you should be shooting.

Check him out here:

http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/index.php

Comment

Just looked at their website and they seem to take a lot more care in their arrow building. I'm going to have to order from them next time since I just dropped 160 bones on a dozen arrows.

Is there going to be a problem with them being so short? Seemed like a shorter arrow would be stiffer, therefore allowing a weaker spine and a much lighter arrow. The arrows I was shooting prior to these we're 26.5" and I didn't have any trouble with them. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Comment

Working...
                X