Hill Country 10---Score/Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country 10---Score/Age

Hard for me to judge age in the summer but he looks like a definite 4 year old...headgear is pretty decent

I am biased as this is the first year of GOOD return on our management program, i think he is a 130" deer...but I want some expert opinions....what does the GS think?

ac

I don't think he will go 130".

Comment

4.5-128

Comment

He has a body of a 5 year old with a pot belly a slight sway to his back and no taper at the brisket, but has a baby face of a 4 year old. Hard to determine age on this one but I think he will go in the mid to upper 120's. Very healthy looking deer.

Comment

He is 4.5 and just below 130 when he drops the velvet. Let him go another year if you can. If not, release the arrow

Comment

Hard to age, for me, with the summer coat, I would have to guess 4.5 due to the belly. but the hams and the shoulders and brisket don't look like a mature buck. I'd like to see him when the summer coat is lost, I'd put him on the maybe list. Still a handsome deer.

Comment

4.5 125

Comment

Yeah, I have him as 5+ and a little under 130 from that first pic...

Last 2 make him look younger... but that's the game with stills... pick which one you want... hehe

I would say... this time of year I would lean on older... you'll know when he starts to get a neck in the rut if he is 4.

Comment

he is not on a hit list..whitetails are a no kill for one more year and we have a few 5 & 6 year olds to harvest hopefully next season. One more year of strictly WT doe harvest and exotic harvest

I just wanted some opinions on his age, it is so hard to tell this time of year. It is real dry out there right now too, come rut I expect a bruiser neck and a boss attitude out of him.

ac

Comment

4.5 and 126

Comment

I'm calling him 4.5. Very pretty deer. 130ish.

Comment

let him go one more year. right under 130. body of 5.5 but face of younger. i will say 4.5

Comment

Working...
                        X