Anyone know a ford mechanic???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know a ford mechanic???

I’m looking for a ford mechanic that works at a dealership. I wanted to bounce a few questions off him and see if he can point me in the right direction based on what he typically sees coming thru the door. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Comment

Up top

Comment

Up top

Comment

Call the service department at Appel Ford in Brenham. 979-836-3659. They have a good service man and several of the techs have years of experience...and they are hunters too.

Comment

Originally posted by GIL HUNTS View Post
            Call the service department at Appel Ford in Brenham. 979-836-3659. They have a good service man and several of the techs have years of experience...and they are hunters too.

Any idea who to ask for? Any names I can drop? Trouble shooting tips isn’t something they like handing out

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Any idea who to ask for? Any names I can drop? Trouble shooting tips isn’t something they like handing out

Try trouble shooting on here. What's going on?

Comment

Try Jeff Durbin Automotive in Amarillo, he is an independent but us extremely talented fixing diesel motors, especially Fords. He took 2nd place in some huge national mechanic competition. Plus he is very honest as well.

Comment

Ask for Kyle, he’s the lead tech. Tell him Travis Schmidt told you to call

Comment

What truck is it and what’s the problem? We have around 65 in our fleet. Just about seen it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      What truck is it and what’s the problem? We have around 65 in our fleet. Just about seen it all.

2015 f150 5.0 motor. 107,000 miles. Rough idle occasionally. Dies sometimes at red lights or parked idleing. While driving under load I can feel it surge sometimes. Seem to improve to just rough idle when full tank. Dies more frequently as fuel level drops. Check engine light is on now but only came on after a big stumble. It had been doing this for a week without the light on. I figured the stumble threw a misfire code or knock sensor code. I will try to read codes today if I get a chance. I have changed:

- removed throttle body and cleaned
                      - plugs (motor craft)
                      - boots (motor craft)
                      - air filter
                      - canister purge valve (BWD)
                      - swapped canister vent valve with known working one.

I’m beginning to think that I may have trash in my tank or my fuel pump is going out. I know of 2 other 2015 trucks same motor, similar miles found the same thing. All bought from same place. Coincidence??? My truck and one other get gas at work out of a tank. But the other guy gets gas like the rest of the world. I thought it was my gas until I spoke to my friend that doesn’t fuel up with us. In the beginning, two cans of seafoam and an octane booster would take care of it. (36gal tank) but now it’s no help. I was thinking water in the fuel but now that the seafoam and booster aren’t helping I’m beginning to think debris had clogged the sock on the fuel pump.

Comment

Clean mask air sensor?

Comment

Sounds like a coil pack, the code will tell you misfire cylinder # and that is usually coil pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Clean mask air sensor?

I’ve looked everywhere. Not sure my truck has one. I can assure y’all u it’s not on the intake or air box.......

Comment

I’ve looked everywhere. Not sure my truck has one. I can assure y’all u it’s not on the intake or air box.......

Its called mass air flow sensor

Comment

Working...
                              X