Ordered a .375 Ruger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered a .375 Ruger

Yesterday I ordered a Mossberg Patriot Marinecote w/synthetic stock in .375 Ruger. I had a thread on here a while back about wanting a .375. I have read a lot about both. Since Walmart isn’t going to have neither the .375 H&H or Ruger on shelves I would have to purchase ammo online. I will also purchase dies for reloading.
    Next I will have to decide on a scope. I kind of want another vx-1 3-9x40 or a 2-7x33.

What are you going to use it for., that will dictate what scope.

Comment

Might shoot pigs,take it out once or twice deer hunting or next bear hunt. It’s really mostly going to be a fun gun that only gets shot a few times a year.

Comment

Way overkill for anything I will prolly ever shoot with it. It really was on my want list and not need list.

Comment

Its not a "long range" gun so quality 2x7 will do you just fine. I have a 1.5x4 on my H&H

Comment

Vortex Viper 2-7 on my Ruger Alaskan 20”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I would love to have a .375 or a .416 someday. Any particular reason to choose Ruger over an H&H or Rigby/Remington?

Comment

The Mossberg Patriot rifle is prolly the least expensive route for a .375.

Comment

I have a Winchester model 70 in 375 H&H that was made in 1965. It has a Leupold 3-9 on it. Love that rifle and load Barnes 300 gr TSX for it.
                  On my next trip to Africa I will use it for Cape Buffalo.
                  The 375 H&H is a classic and pretty versatile caliber. I don't know a lot about the 375 Ruger, I just wanted the H&H when I got mine because it's a classic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me know you you like it. I was trying to buy that one in the classifieds the other day but they guy turned into a ghost. Now my interest is peaked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                      Let me know you you like it. I was trying to buy that one in the classifieds the other day but they guy turned into a ghost. Now my interest is peaked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Will do

Comment

I got my rifle today. Says 6.5 lbs. I don’t know if someone was leaning on the scale or what. The thing is light. Seems to have pretty fair trigger on it as well. I thought it came with bases but evidently not. Looks like Buds still has a few but raised the price a little on them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                          I got my rifle today. Says 6.5 lbs..
                          Before that first shot, hold on tight!

Comment

But seriously, we need a thorough review of this gun after you get to shoot it. I’m intrigued.

Comment

I am with you on this! But I will

Comment

Working...
                              X