• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      In for Segment B.

Anybody wants to pull an RV to my place they are welcome. I have 4 Full RV hookups. Next to a stocked pond. It's 30 minutes from the refuge.
      Where is your place in relation to Paradise Cove??

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Hopefully they move down the list based on can't make it, no payment, we are @5-6 on the no draw list.

That would be nice. Then we can share a campsite.

Comment

Hagerman Hog Hunt 2018

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
          Where is your place in relation to Paradise Cove??

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I’m North of Savoy. It’s 25-30 minutes to refuge. Straight shot down 82 to 289. Nice spot to camp though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fire pit, smoker, good fishing.

Comment

Anyone else going to paradise cove for seg b?

Comment

Be advised:

VERY IMPORTANT: All bow only hunters are in Segment B unless you requested Segment A or to hunt with a particular group. During the Segment B hunt the Meyers Unit will be open to archery hunting only. All remaining units will be open to shotgun, muzzleloader, or archery equipment. Hunters may choose where they wish to hunt during your assigned segment. However, anyone caught using or attempting to use a gun in the Meyers Unit during Segment B will have their permit revoked. Also remember that only non-toxic shot is allowed. Pay close attention to the area closed to hunting as we kept this portion open for general public use and hiking. There is a dirt road in the Harris Creek Unit that will be the open/closed dividing line. If you have questions about this area, be sure to ask refuge staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                Be advised:

VERY IMPORTANT: All bow only hunters are in Segment B unless you requested Segment A or to hunt with a particular group. During the Segment B hunt the Meyers Unit will be open to archery hunting only. All remaining units will be open to shotgun, muzzleloader, or archery equipment. Hunters may choose where they wish to hunt during your assigned segment. However, anyone caught using or attempting to use a gun in the Meyers Unit during Segment B will have their permit revoked. Also remember that only non-toxic shot is allowed. Pay close attention to the area closed to hunting as we kept this portion open for general public use and hiking. There is a dirt road in the Harris Creek Unit that will be the open/closed dividing line. If you have questions about this area, be sure to ask refuge staff.

I saw this but Booner and I put bow only on the ap but we ended up in segment A. Oh well I would rather A.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

What shells are y’all planing on using. After last year I need to try some different ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Tspurgin26 View Post
                    What shells are y’all planing on using. After last year I need to try some different ones.

You shooting a smooth or rifled bore? If shooting a smoothbore, you’re options are even more limited for store bought ammo. Heavi-Shot used to make a non-tox tri ball 3.5” Load. They don’t make them anymore, I believe. I still got a few boxes left.

Last year, I used a Steel segmented slug with great success. I cast and reload all my slugs and buckshot.

I got some bismuth/tin alloy that I’ll be casting #1 buck and some hammerhead slugs that I’ll use this year.

Here’s the pig I shot last year:

Comment

Originally posted by Tspurgin26 View Post

I’ll be shooting non-toxic Rages this year. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                        You shooting a smooth or rifled bore? If shooting a smoothbore, you’re options are even more limited for store bought ammo. Heavi-Shot used to make a non-tox tri ball 3.5” Load. They don’t make them anymore, I believe. I still got a few boxes left.

Last year, I used a Steel segmented slug with great success. I cast and reload all my slugs and buckshot.

I got some bismuth/tin alloy that I’ll be casting #1 buck and some hammerhead slugs that I’ll use this year.

Here’s the pig I shot last year:

Man you need to make some more of those buckshot loads to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                          Anyone else going to paradise cove for seg b?

I'll probably be at Paradise cove for Seg b

Comment

I didnt see anything in the email about cleaning a hog. I saw we dont have to bring the hog to the sign in station, we just report what we shot.

Do they allow us to field dress?
                            Do we have to take them elsewhere?
                            If I am camping in Paradise Cove, I doubt they want us cleaning a hog in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post
                              I didnt see anything in the email about cleaning a hog. I saw we dont have to bring the hog to the sign in station, we just report what we shot.

You can do whatever you want with the pig in the field. They obviously dont want you to leave any parts near the roads, but you can leave one lay, gut it, quarter it, bone it out, whatever you want to do in the field.

Probably not a good idea to hang it in a tree at the campground.

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post

In past years Gayle said you could leave them where they lie. Probably just take what you want and leave the rest for the yotes.

Comment

Working...
                                X