Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check out hitlghts.com

Comment

Well I got the new 13.5 btu dometic 2 a/c delivered yesterday. It was a booger, but the wife an I got it on the roof safely. I had to get the old vent out first that was screwed an glued in with roof sealer. Once that was done I just centered the unit up, mounted the bottom metal brace an wired it in. It took about an hour, and that was with the kids in an out of the trailer. I don't have 50 amp ran yet, so I turned the rear a/c breaker off an fired up the new one. It's cooling the bedroom an bathroom, and it got cold in there really quick. We will try it out this weekend at the south sulphur while it's supposed to be around 103°

Comment

Very nice, the best investment you could make on a camper.

Comment

taking ours out for the first time this weekend so will probably come back with a list of upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            taking ours out for the first time this weekend so will probably come back with a list of upgrades
            I enjoy doing the DIY upgrade projects nearly as much as the camping.

Comment

I ordered an led light kit and will try to take some step by step install pics....

Comment

if you have a gas/electric water heater, and the electric switch in inside the outside cover(make sense?), then what I did was add a new switch inside the kitchen, next to the igniter switch, bypassing the "outside" one. so we could switch on, with out going outside.

On a side note, you can run the water heater with both gas and elect on start up, this will heat the water much faster. then shut the gas system off.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                  Well I got the new 13.5 btu dometic 2 a/c delivered yesterday.
                  I have the same unit about a year old. My unit will only cool on hi fan; on low and medium it sounds like the compresssor tries to start but the low & medium fan does come on. I just turn to high and it kicks on, but was wondering if your Brisk Air 2 does this also? Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                    I have the same unit about a year old. My unit will only cool on hi fan; on low and medium it sounds like the compresssor tries to start but the low & medium fan does come on. I just turn to high and it kicks on, but was wondering if your Brisk Air 2 does this also? Anyone else?
                    Strange, the paperwork that came with the unit says it has a 2 year warranty.

Comment

My unit has a 2 yr warranty also - just has to be brought to a service center 200 miles away to use it.

I have mine on site with generator power and the wheels off. I don't really need to use low and medium, I just found it strange also and am paranoid that the a/c will quit on a trip. Don't know if its indicative of a problem coming.

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                        My unit has a 2 yr warranty also - just has to be brought to a service center 200 miles away to use it.

I have mine on site with generator power and the wheels off. I don't really need to use low and medium, I just found it strange also and am paranoid that the a/c will quit on a trip. Don't know if its indicative of a problem coming.
                        Sounds like a capacitor or a sensor issue. Better off stuck using high than low in this weather. You could also try cleaning the coils I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                          Sounds like a capacitor or a sensor issue. Better off stuck using high than low in this weather. You could also try cleaning the coils I guess.
                          Thanks for suggestions, for sure I don't need low or medium cool in Texas

Comment

Well first trip and busted valve on toilet but was able to run into town and get one

We have really enjoyed the weekend so far

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437874777.292150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	24392693

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437874809.225103.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24392694

Comment